Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
does anyone else’s d-pad shift slightly?

it doesn’t effect gaming @ all but it’s not solidly in place...it’s very slight but I just want to make sure it’s not just mine

*edit*

watching this vid (review notwithstanding) I noticed his d-pad shifts a little as well and that it doesn’t sit firmly like it does on the pro controller...he also made the same observation about not being able to use the d-pad correctly bcuz of where it’s positioned (it’s a bit low)...I think a grip case will make a huge difference tho...I like the system overall and will probably end up using it more than my regular switch (my X1 dominates the living room/bedroom followed distantly by the PS4 and then the switch)

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't get with this for the simple fact that there's no simple way to have multiple devices with the same user and save files.

but you can unless you’re objecting to paying the online fee (which is a bit of a jip but is only $20...the NES/SNES apps kinda make it worth it)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
but you can unless you’re objecting to paying the online fee (which is a bit of a jip but is only $20...the NES/SNES apps kinda make it worth it)
Using cloud saves some games restrict your ability to use. If I'm playing say Pokemon Sword on my dedicated home Switch and I wanna move the save to my Lite and take it with me can't do that because Nintendo doesn't allow it unless I wanna set up a complete system transfer and wipe my home Switch moving all the content to my Lite.

I used to have 2 Switches and sold that second one because it was such a hassle to move data. I still prefer to have a home and away Switch but if they won't let me store saves on an SD card can't do it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Using cloud saves some games restrict your ability to use. If I'm playing say Pokemon Sword on my dedicated home Switch and I wanna move the save to my Lite and take it with me can't do that because Nintendo doesn't allow it unless I wanna set up a complete system transfer and wipe my home Switch moving all the content to my Lite.

I used to have 2 Switches and sold that second one because it was such a hassle to move data. I still prefer to have a home and away Switch but if they won't let me store saves on an SD card can't do it.

my apologies...I wasn’t completely familiarly w/ the process...just did a save transfer and see the hassle involved...kinda sucks that this is what we’re paying to be able to do

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
Picking the shyt up later when i get my kid.
(Grey)
Getting it for him, but im actually giving it to him to give to me.
A clever tactic i use from time to time that adds an extra purpose to having a child.

:smoothhoffa:

Brought my son a switch because his older brother wouldn't let him play he spoke about that very often. Since buying it he rarely looks at it and doesn't play it so its mines now.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Brought my son a switch because his older brother wouldn't let him play he spoke about that very often. Since buying it he rarely looks at it and doesn't play it so its mines now.
My son has almost 20 games for the switch, gets all the new shyt when it drops.

He played those games for 20 minutes max before going back to minecraft.
:skip:

Told his ass he ain't getting anymore games till he finishes the ones he got.

Kids these days.
:martin:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
You know you can game share on the switch right so you dont gotta buy games twice
Yea, but you can't share the same save files on 2 switches. When I transferred my User saved data to my Switch Lite it got deleted from my old Switch.

:unimpressed:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, god I fukking hate nintendo's transfer policies

ya I just finished transferring all the saved data...it’s more tedious than anything else...would be tolerable if there was an option to check all the save files I want to move and then do so all @ once instead of having to go thru the process for each game

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m gonna use some games strictly on the lite and others on the docked switch connected to my projector...so far...

link’s awakening and mario kart 8 deluxe are cool on the switch lite

but I’m keeping super mario odyssey and BOTW on the docked switch...there’s too much happening on the landscape for me to play these game in handheld mode

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My son has almost 20 games for the switch, gets all the new shyt when it drops.

He played those games for 20 minutes max before going back to minecraft.
:skip:

Told his ass he ain't getting anymore games till he finishes the ones he got.

Kids these days.
:martin:
Lol my son is the same. They love that minecrack...and Roblox