Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
already did what?

them creating the switch lite doesn’t equate to abandoning the OG model’s design/versatility (which is still being sold btw)...and from my understanding the rumored switch pro will still largely be the same design with a bigger screen and more output capabilities as opposed to a standalone

But where did i suggest they abandon their OG model?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But where did i suggest they abandon their OG model?

here...

It only makes sense for nintendo to make a handheld only switch and a stationary only switch

...and again “they already did” what?

...it’d be dumb for nintendo to abandon the OG model if they create a stationary one

...they already did it by making a portable only model...

you slick but you not that slick :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I liked it a lot for traveling...didn’t feel comfortable taking the same console I used at home on trips
That's the whole point of the Switch. To be both a handheld and a home console. You're basically saying you aren't comfortable with what the Switch itself is.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the whole point of the Switch. To be both a handheld and a home console. You're basically saying you aren't comfortable with what the Switch itself is.

yes that’s exactly what I’m saying...it’s a personal preference...but still I totally understand it’s appeal to many other ppl tho

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yes that’s exactly what I’m saying...it’s a personal preference...but still I totally understand it’s appeal to many other ppl tho
I could go for this is the thing was designed that way but you have to jump through major hoops to use 2 Nintendo Switches. Many of the most popular games aren't designed to be played on more than one system. The process to move save files is cumbersome. Stuff like Pokemon and Animal Crossing don't allow back up saves and you can't put saves on SD cards so you'd have to power on both Switches and do a profile transfer.

It's just easier to use the original Switch the way it was intended. It's crazy they sold you a device then sold you another device that's the antithesis of what the original device was. They got you to pay more money to do what the original naturally did.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
here...

...and again “they already did” what?

you slick but you not that slick :ufdup:

I think you’re misunderstand what I’m saying. My response was in regard to nintendo making a portable only version of the switch, i said they should similarly make a stationary only version also. I never said it should replace the actual switch I was saying they could just make a full line of switches for different uses.

The OG transformer that is a best of both worlds option
The portable which emphasizes being smaller, better battery, and more form fitting
And a “pro” which emphasizes frame rate and resolution

And they can still all play the same games

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you’re misunderstand what I’m saying. My response was in regard to nintendo making a portable only version of the switch, i said they should similarly make a stationary only version also. I never said it should replace the actual switch I was saying they could just make a full line of switches for different uses.

that’s fair...and I did now that you’ve explained it further...I mentioned the possibility of that in my original response

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...you have to jump through major hoops to use 2 Nintendo Switches.

I really didn’t...I had an online subscription and it was as simple as uploading a save file to the cloud on one device and downloading it on the other when I wanted to use it...as a matter of fact I think the uploads/downloads were automatic...you just had to remember to wait a few seconds...and again this was a personal preference...I’m not suggesting what others do/did...I felt far more comfortable traveling with the switch lite than just the OG switch in handheld mode...another thing is I wouldn’t have bothered to get cloud support if I only used the OG switch in handheld and would be risking losing my game progress/save files if it got lost, stolen or damaged while traveling

They got you to pay more money to do what the original naturally did.

they didn’t get me to do anything...they provided consumers with an option which I chose to pay for due to the added convenience it provided

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's complete bullshyt that people under the child account can't access digital games bought under the parent account.

What's the point of owning multiple switches when it's so convoluted the way digital games work? I bought a switch lite for my son and he's locked out of all the games I own under my account even though his account is under mine. The only way he can play the games is if he logs in with my account and stays connected to the internet on his switch. Coincidentally if I buy the games under my son's child account, then I can play them under my account on both switches because his account is under mine.

What's really the point of the family account system if the only solution is to save my debit information and buy games under my sons account?

Nintendo is so backwards with their online infrastructure.

Last edited: