Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these 2 are annoying as fukk but it was cool to see the grey unboxing...the other colors are just way to pastel-y looking...anyway just got shipping confirmation...on track to receive it tomorrow :stylin:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's not about pride. If debit cards were more advantageous than credit cards I would use them instead. Debit cards simply aren't.

A debit card is directly linked to your checking account and drains it in real time. A credit card is not. If you lose your debit card or it gets skimmed or whatever. Until you notice which could be hours or a day your bank account will drain in real time. Sure you can get that money back but there's gonna be some down time. A credit card if that happens whatever happened from the lost or theft until you noticed it isn't your problem because it's someone else's money.

Why would I ever choose to not use the bank's money as a buffer? What are the advantages of a debit card that a credit card doesn't have? I also typically get between 3-6% cash back on most of my purchases with my credit cards. For most places I shop I get 5% cash back. What debit card does that?
You're completely correct in this debate breh. If you use CCs right, you will make more money than they make off you by far.
Issue is most folks dont always use the card in the right way, so it's a very profitable business

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Financing?

Paying bills on time?

Credit isn't only affiliated with credit cards
Paying bills on time does nothing for your credit score:mjgrin:

Not paying them does tho. Its a fukked up system:manny:

And credit cards are a good intro to building credit, so when you do decide to “finance” something you more likely to get approved and get a lower interest rate.

Debit cards dont offer shyt. No cashback, no auto rental insurance, no price protection, no extended warranty, don't build credit.

Got a mac last weekend. Aint get the apple care cuz my american express extended the warranty. If i find a better deal on the same mac this month i can call amex n let em know n get the difference back too.

After i bought it i logged into my app and paid my balance with a couple of clicks. No extra fees, no interest. Cost me the exact same as it woulda with cash or my debit card.

Now how would using my debit card been a better idea in this scenario? What extra benefit would i have gotten? I really wanna know:patrice:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Paying bills on time does nothing for your credit score:mjgrin:

Not paying them does tho. Its a fukked up system:manny:

And credit cards are a good intro to building credit, so when you do decide to “finance” something you more likely to get approved and get a lower interest rate.

Debit cards dont offer shyt. No cashback, no auto rental insurance, no price protection, no extended warranty, don't build credit.

Got a mac last weekend. Aint get the apple care cuz my american express extended the warranty. If i find a better deal on the same mac this month i can call amex n let em know n get the difference back too.

After i bought it i logged into my app and paid my balance with a couple of clicks. No extra fees, no interest. Cost me the exact same as it woulda with cash or my debit card.

Now how would using my debit card been a better idea in this scenario? What extra benefit would i have gotten? I really wanna know:patrice:
There is no advantage to using a debit card. There are clear advantages to using credit cards. If one prefers one can functionally use a credit card as one would a debit (minus the cash back from your bank account at the time of purchase). You simply buy something on credit and when it post transfer over the money any pay it off or set your account for auto-pay of the full amount due every month.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
these 2 are annoying as fukk but it was cool to see the grey unboxing...the other colors are just way to pastel-y looking...anyway just got shipping confirmation...on track to receive it tomorrow :stylin:

i want the yellow one a lot. This is def gonna do numbers christmas time. you already know parents looking for the cheaper choice like with the DS brand.