Duckburg, NY

1Hno.gif

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Doesn't the previous Sony rulings render the lawsuit a dead end? Unless N are rolling with legal fee drowning I don't see how this case is effective in any way.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Doesn't the previous Sony rulings render the lawsuit a dead end? Unless N are rolling with legal fee drowning I don't see how this case is effective in any way.
they're not just going after them because they make an emulator. they're claiming Yuza was pointing users towards decryption keys, and roms, via Patreon and/or Discord. as well as instructions on how to do everything, among other things

typically the emulator should keep it's distance from all that

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
yuzu specifically fukked up (allegedly). got lost in the sauce and started passing the mustard etc. Nintendo named their Patreon in the suit. In simple terms, this means that during discovery they may have access to patreon and can see if Yuzu was passing around illegal links for profit or coordinating in any way with those files. afaik.

If you look in the tears of the kingdom thread here on thecoli, you can see that alot of users were using Yuzu at that time, prerelease. Furthermore, Yuzu has early access paywalls for their configurations. You add this with the prerelease fever of TOTK and it stands to reason that them boys may have got caught up somewhere.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

It's a unique case cause on top of general emulation Nintendo is also targeting losses from TOTK and Pokemon Scarlet leaks claiming Yuzu was pointing users towards how to use the emulator to play the games. On top of Yuzu having a paywall with their Pateron.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Good replies. More informed.

I don't see the Patreon as a problem as Bleem! was also pay for? Maybe a gray area. Also, the Patreon funds development and Yuzu isn't explicitly selling the software, so I wonder if that's their exit from that corner. Now, if they are spreading the ways of acquiring someome else's backups theeeeen I see how they poisoned the well.

I have to reread the Sony-Bleem! case sometime. :jbhmm:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Beyond the money, the terms of the settlement dictate Tropic Haze will have to stop operations on Yuzu entirely — it can’t distribute it in any way, nor can it market it on its website or social media. Yuzu will also have to give up its domain name, which is still active at the time of writing. Yuzu’s $30,000 per month Patreon is still up, too.