Nintendo suing the creators of Switch Emulator Yuzu

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or you can just not play their shyt lmao

Thread is wild. Folks saying they're wasting their time or even crazier saying it's their fault

They have every right to protect their IPs. And if they've got evidence this emulator either lead to or stirred enough buzz ending up with the game leaking before launch and lost money on over a million copies, I don't see how they lose the case tbh. It's obviously more than just 1 group but somebody's falling on the sword. And you have to pay for the emulator right, what are yall thinking of course they're getting sued and wiped off the map :heh:

I like Pokemon, I don't like Nintendo's shyt hardware. Guess what, didn't give Nintendo a dime for either game they put. Folks either need to do the same or face consequences
No you don’t have to pay for the emulator there’s a free one. The only thing you pay for is that you get updates before the free one. They lose the case because the emulator doesn’t provide any links or anything leading to illegal rom.s They don’t provide keys either. You know how many hacked switches were probably running the game before Zelda released as well? Nintendo needs to get at these sites where you can download Roms those are the culprits.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
No you don’t have to pay for the emulator there’s a free one. The only thing you pay for is that you get updates before the free one. They lose the case because the emulator doesn’t provide any links or anything leading to illegal rom.s They don’t provide keys either. You know how many hacked switches were probably running the game before Zelda released as well? Nintendo needs to get at these sites where you can download Roms those are the culprits.
Yeah...I don't think it matters if there's a free one or not. If they weren't getting money at all I could see a different story, then a lawsuit wouldn't be worth it since there's nothing to recoup. But they are. If they feel they've got something then go for it because I would and I do my fair share of shyt too

I can see the emulator makers saying what you said verbatim, that's cool it doesn't give links or w.e. It's apparently still popular enough of a service for people to access copyrighted material outside of Nintendo hardware and they are getting paid for the service, possibly costing Nintendo over 50 m's just off their service alone. Sorry....I'm blowing your shyt off the map. They've got enough to go after in my eyes, unless there's data that shows more people on the free version make up that million copies + any other game of theirs on there or something

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Which yuzu never leaked the game. It was the pirates that had the shyt early. Either way it’s a losing battle for Nintendo. Even if they do shutdown yuzu people still have the emulator and the code for a new one to be made. They’re better off focusing how to make the switch 2 emulation proof.

They shyt so weak spec wise IDK how they woud do that. Most decent pcs can run a switch game

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nintendo has tried this twice with Yuzu specifically and lost twice. Yuzu does not produce the keys. The user has to "generate" them

What's new this time is Nintendo is now going for losses due to leaks. This one might stick. I was in the discord when the Nintendo ninjas nuked it when Tears of the kingdom leaked :dead: Before they shut it down there was no less then 30 streams of the game going on in that discord. But at the same time it's not like anyone from the Yuzu team was the one that leaked the game. But you also can't deny that Yuzu's Pateron spiked during TOTK leak. This is where they went wrong.

The thing is though if this does stick then the Yuzu people will just rename the emulator and continue development as usual. Emulation itself is legal and the Yuzu emulator itself is open source. Nintendo is in a cycle when it comes to this. (Yuzu is not even the only working Switch emulator)

The "permanent" fix is stop releasing consoles that are 6 years behind tech wise so a PC can't easily emulate it. In case yall didn't know the PS4 can be modded as well. But it's no where near as widespread because you can't emulate it on PC.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The real reason nintendo doing this is probably because the hardware of the switch 2 is gonna be similar.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They going to lose again on this. The emulator doesn’t produce any keys itself. The user has to go out his/her way to get them if they own the game. Emulation isn’t the issue the issue is the people that got the games early and leaked them.

They have done this with every console that gets emulated. Maybe they need to make their hardware less easy to crack. But this is Nintendo we are talking about so they will never learn.
They don’t care if they lose. They are just trying to drown Yuzi in litigation/lawyer fees.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good, they shouldn't be trying to emulate current hardware anyways.

I don't know why people think being unsatisfied with Nintendo's hardware gives them a right to illegally pirate their games. The entitlement of gamers is limitless.
I used to pirate games but I never said it was for “preservation” nah it was so I could play games for free :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don’t care if they lose. They are just trying to drown Yuzi in litigation/lawyer fees.
They tried this shyt with Ryujinx and yuzu before. It ain’t going to happen. People already have the emulator so another one will be made with the coding it’s open source anyway. Emulation and pirating streaming are two things you can’t stop in the PC world. It may take time but it will crack eventually. Nintendo has two options either spend the money on the hardware or release games on PC to make it pointless. We know Nintendo will do neither. This company doesn’t even have proper voice chat with online gaming yet its online experience is on PS3 level. This company does the bare minimum when it comes to implementing technologies to their hardware.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030