Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

Daps
It's funny to me that if the roles were reversed, nearly everyone on this board would be champing at the bit to drag down Jokic to crown Melo over him. Nearly everyone would be pointing out what is factual by stating Jokic didn't have any success in Denver, and that Melo (now) had done surpassed him in every facet, in half the time, and it would widely accepted as being an absolute truth.

But since we're dealing with the reality of what is now: Melo is a sacred cow whose many a hoops dream was lived vicariously through on this board, and Jokic is seen as this fat unathletic Euro, then everyone is fighting against the tide of truth.

It is why everyone argues for who they want to win, rather than arguing for who won on the scoreboard.

Daps
It's funny to me that if the roles were reversed, nearly everyone on this board would be champing at the bit to drag down Jokic to crown Melo over him. Nearly everyone would be pointing out what is factual by stating Jokic didn't have any success in Denver, and that Melo (now) had done surpassed him in every facet, in half the time, and it would widely accepted as being an absolute truth.

But since we're dealing with the reality of what is now: Melo is a sacred cow whose many a hoops dream was lived vicariously through on this board, and Jokic is seen as this fat unathletic Euro, then everyone is fighting against the tide of truth.

It is why everyone argues for who they want to win, rather than arguing for who won on the scoreboard.
That's why this thread makes me laugh everytime I see it upped. Dudes were tryna clown last year that Jokic lost in the WCF in his second post season appearance like that hasnt been the absolute peak of Nuggets basketball. Taking it a step further most of these posters seem to have amnesia about how hard Nuggets Melo would fall off in the 'offs. A perfect example of the seum's inconsistecy is how Paul George is crucified on this board for his playoff struggles despite having a post season career that blows Melo's out the water
hater shyt ... you cant erase the past

nobody is like "damn fukk dominique wilkins... remember 2008 Hawks!?" :noah: its called legacy
Who on the Hawks '08 roster was better than Hawks Dominique? How many playoff Ws did Dominique collect? How many times did he escape the first round? Carmelo Anthony's Nugget playoff career as the guy is one of the worst for any superstar in league history. If you think getting swept twice and 4-1'd four times in 8 years is something to celebrate then by all means, make a Nuggets' playoff Melo appreciation thread

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I don't even remember melo era. it was not memorable. i mean i never actually cared anything about denver. just can't get excited about them. :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Did nothing when it mattered
What a weird take. At the end of the 3rd when the Blazers were threatening to run away with the game Jokic was the only one keeping Denver in it (hit a jumper with 6:40 left in the 3rd to put Denver up 2, hit a 3pt with 4:53 left to tie it, hit a layup with 4:22 left to keep them within 1, then a floater with 2:11 left to cut the lead to 2). Then when he came back with 6 minutes left in the 4th he immediately scored to cut the lead to 4, but then Portland scored 9 points in 3 possessions and that was pretty much ballgame up 13 with 3:58 left. I guess in your book only that brief 3-possession window was what mattered and his 34 points and 16 rebounds before that didn't count somehow?