Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:whoa: I still got love for melo, but the Jokic Era looks like it’s gonna have more success.
Unless they make a finals appearance, it's not much a difference to me. getting bounced in the third or second round every year versus the first round still nets you the same amount of hardware.

Daps
foh Melo is one of the greatest hoopers of all time
And yet what did it amount to as a Nugget?

This thread will never not comedy because its filled with Melo fans/people that don't like Jokic who feel a type of way because I find Melo's Nugget tenure to be underwhelming. The funny part isn't even posters tryna argue against my claim of his postseason career being underwhelming, its them being tight that I wanted more from one of the greatest scorers of all time. If you were to make a "Trae Young is erasing the Joe Johnson Era" thread I guarantee I'm not gonna look at that thread and be like ":what:Iso Joe was one of the coldest players to go 1 on 1."
Ima think ":patrice:What did Joe Johnson accomplish as a Hawk"

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And yet what did it amount to as a Nugget?

This thread will never not comedy because its filled with Melo fans/people that don't like Jokic who feel a type of way because I find Melo's Nugget tenure to be underwhelming. The funny part isn't even posters tryna argue against my claim of his postseason career being underwhelming, its them being tight that I wanted more from one of the greatest scorers of all time. If you were to make a "Trae Young is erasing the Joe Johnson Era" thread I guarantee I'm not gonna look at that thread and be like ":what:Iso Joe was one of the coldest players to go 1 on 1."
Ima think ":patrice:What did Joe Johnson accomplish as a Hawk"

what then hell has Jokic accomplished as a Nugget :dahell:

you’re talking like he already has 4 rings and 5
MVPs.

Daps
what then hell has Jokic accomplished as a Nugget :dahell:

you’re talking like he already has 4 rings and 5
MVPs.
For starters he's already won more playoff series and the second thing is he can impact the game more than Carmelo could. Melo was a scorer whose scorring efficiency took a hard dive in the playoffs and if Melo wasn't scoring he'd get boards but thats about it. Carmelo has been swept twice and gentlemen swept four times as a Nugget. Melo defenders are usually quick to bring up the 09 WCF run and his game 2 explosion, but then ignore the shyt shooting that followed in the next 4 games where he didn't crack 40% from the field. The lone remaining series that wasnt in the WCF run and went more than 5 games was his series vs the Jazz in 2010 where the Nugs lost in 6

The Carmelo Anthony era was one of 50 win regular seasons and usually a quick first round exit. Jokic era so far has featured every series going 7 except the WCF run vs LAL. The Nugs have shown more heart in his era and you can blame the roster makeup of Melo's tenure if you want but heart starts with your team's leaders. Joker doesn't need 4 rings and 5 MVPs to erase the stench of mediocrity tied to the George Karl/Carmelo Anthony era

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:yeshrug: You can enjoy and be a fan of both players

big fan of Melo, but we can’t deny Jokic’s greatness.

One of the best big man passers of all time, clutch as fukk and he still has years to go in the league :ehh:

Yea Jokic is a monster. But bruh is acting like Melo constantly led Denver to an 8th seed and Jokic has 5 rings already.

Daps
Reserving my spot for the inevitable first round exit and they blame it on injuries
:pachaha:Yall dont even realize you're arguing a dead topic because you post emotionally and don't read. In two post seasons Jokic has equaled Carmelos playoff win total that he achieved in eight post seasons. If Jokic wins one more game and never wins another playoff game again he will already have achieved more playoff success than Nuggets Carmelo. The bar is that low but because Jokic is a goofy white European and Carmelo is a Coli hoop icon feelings are caught

You can be a fan of Carmelo and admit his playoff career as a Nugget was nothing special, but i'll let yall keep living in the last decade

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Unless they make a finals appearance, it's not much a difference to me. getting bounced in the third or second round every year versus the first round still nets you the same amount of hardware.
Yet T-Mac gets shytted on the coli all time for his first round exits

Fat Iverson fans :ohhh: