Nightmare at the Box Office. WORST SUMMER SINCE 97.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol i dont go to the movies alone. so its me and my girl and we never go matinee, usually at night. usually 10-12 dollars a pop, each :sadcam:. so i aint tryna waste my money on some bullshyt

Exactly. Not saying I agree with you completely because I will normally just go check it out and my intuition leads me in the right direction...unless it's something my girl wants to see like Haunted House 2 which I knew wouldn't be my cup of tea but sometimes you gotta take the L. But there are a lot of good movies that come out all year but hollywood depends on the tentpoles to make the big money so we can get the really dope shyt during awards season

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The problem with our generation is that we flock to the big movies and don't want to see the really dope shyt that comes out September-December and money talks. Even though this has been the worst summer since 97 these movies still make more than the really good stuff that comes out in the fall. So for all this talk about how a lot of the summer flicks have been :trash: and how you want some original stuff, I want to see you same nikkas talking about how excited you are for Gone Girl or Kill the Messenger or Fury etc

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with our generation is that we flock to the big movies and don't want to see the really dope shyt that comes out September-December and money talks. Even though this has been the worst summer since 97 these movies still make more than the really good stuff that comes out in the fall. So for all this talk about how a lot of the summer flicks have been :trash: and how you want some original stuff, I want to see you same nikkas talking about how excited you are for Gone Girl or Kill the Messenger or Fury etc
Another thing what's wrong with the current generation of movie goers is relying way to heavily on Rotten Tomatoes, and all shyt like Honest Trailers

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Another thing what's wrong with the current generation of movie goers is relying way to heavily on Rotten Tomatoes, and all shyt like Honest Trailers

Say word. And as a member of that generation I really wish we were more like Generation X who didn't wait for a reviewer to tell them what was good or what wasn't. They just went to see what they felt was interesting and let it rock. Because they had more of a rebellious streak than we do, they liked to buck the system whereas we seem very cool with going along with the system and being sheep. Fukk a review. If I want to see something I'm going to see it. I feel like our generation doesn't understand that film criticism is still subjective and just opinion.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, this summer's failure is easy to break down. You just have to look back at the summers of years past for the formula.

First, these studios are trying to stuff damn near every movie into the summer window to force success. It creates a situation where damn near every movie out on a weekend is some studio's shot at a summer hit. Inevitably, these movies end up killing each other's audience. We gotta space these out a little bit.

Secondly, not every movie is a summer type movie. Typically, action/sci-fi/disaster/kid movies own that space, with the occasional R-rated comedy getting some shine. These nikkas out here tossing biopics, shytty YA adaptations, and generic comedies out like they're going to miraculously take off. It's possible for that to work (counter programming has created some hits), but it's a strategy that requires a lot of actual effort to pull off.

Third, the days of people going to see a movie just because a particular actor is the star came and went a long time ago. People aren't willing to go see a movie they suspect or know is shytty just because running Tom is running in that shyt anymore.

Fourth, these studios need to stop half passing advertising on some of these movies. I spent the entire summer stuck in a loop where I would look up Sin City's release date, forget about it because I hadn't seen or heard anything for a minute, then looking that shyt up again because I forgot. I still haven't seen the movie. With every movie being pushed as a blockbuster event, you can't expect a movie (especially a sequel damn near 10 years in the making that nobody was really demanding) to hit without raising awareness.

And then there's the obvious: make a decent fukking movie. People aren't about to drop damn near $15 per person in most cases to go see a movie that they know is bad, or someone else has told them is bad.

It's really not that hard.

But, since studios are lazy, they'll do something dumb like try to copy marvel till they catch a brick :yeshrug:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

:vincechildplease:Guess you forgot about the last few Transformers movies, which all got destroyed by Rotten Tomatoes and made BILLIONS...Examples of the movie sales NOT correlated to Rotten Tomatoes are all over the place....

The current generation doesn't give a fukk about Rotten Tomatoes AT ALL.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I only spent money with.
Guardians of the galaxy.
Xmen and planet of the Apes.

the rest I watched on my Android box
midnight 2.......fukk hollywood.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
fukk all this tho. I just want good movies and box office has nothing to do with that. Even if all movies would have to have a 10 millz budget max we would still get great movies.

It's like Malcolm in Jurassic Park said

Art finds a way

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I am beyond sick of the elitism when it comes to RT and "Honest Trailers" are actually not "Honest" at all. You can nitpick any movie even "The Godfather".

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I think we're in the transitional period between the failure of 3D

And the birth of full immersion VR or some sort of interactive perspective

Maybe merging games & movies

or

even crossovers the story starts as a movie continues as a game.. goes back to another movie

Something to involve the audience more in the story maybe the 4D
That universal does with rides like Harry Potter..
god i hope movies and games stay separate. the last thing i need are wack games that place storytelling over gameplay, or wack movies that place interactivity over narrative and artistry

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:vincechildplease:Guess you forgot about the last few Transformers movies, which all got destroyed by Rotten Tomatoes and made BILLIONS...Examples of the movie sales NOT correlated to Rotten Tomatoes are all over the place....

The current generation doesn't give a fukk about Rotten Tomatoes AT ALL.
Built in fan base, massive marketing, and it's a "Summer Blockbuster"

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Built in fan base, massive marketing, and it's a "Summer Blockbuster"

That's my point. Nobody is paying attention to rotten tomatoes...critically acclaimed movies that don't make as much as they should; horribly reviewed flicks make lots of money...Hell, I argue that rotten tomatoes is not utilized enough by moviegoers