Nightmare at the Box Office. WORST SUMMER SINCE 97.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my point. Nobody is paying attention to rotten tomatoes...critically acclaimed movies that don't make as much as they should; horribly reviewed flicks make lots of money...Hell, I argue that rotten tomatoes is not utilized enough by moviegoers
Not every movie has the luxury of having a built-in fan base that pulls the strings of people's childhood like Transformers and TMNT. People in my age group are going to peep them due to nostalgia and kids will peep it because they still make kid shows of them.

Some movies like them, people are worried about ratings because it was already made up in their minds they were gonna see it once they saw the trailer.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Not every movie has the luxury of having a built-in fan base that pulls the strings of people's childhood like Transformers and TMNT. People in my age group are going to peep them due to nostalgia and kids will peep it because they still make kid shows of them.

Some movies like them, people are worried about ratings because it was already made up in their minds they were gonna see it once they saw the trailer.

I agree 100% and that's why people go see movies regardless of how critically bashed they are on sites like rotten tomatoes...same shyt happens in Fall and Winter months...the worst shytty movies come out in January (Identity Thief), get critically killed, and make a shyt load of money...nobody cares about rotten tomatoes, even though they sho

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:vincechildplease:Guess you forgot about the last few Transformers movies, which all got destroyed by Rotten Tomatoes and made BILLIONS...Examples of the movie sales NOT correlated to Rotten Tomatoes are all over the place....

The current generation doesn't give a fukk about Rotten Tomatoes AT ALL.

I guess my vision and his vision are colored by the people on the board who always cite RT or critics before even thinking it's ok to see a movie

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I guess my vision and his vision are colored by the people on the board who always cite RT or critics before even thinking it's ok to see a movie

I don't use RT like that, but there are specific critics who share similar tastes and ideas about movies as me that I check for always

Daps
Reppin
NYC
shyt like ninja turtles and transformers... if you aren't a kid or an adult who used to love those things as a kid... then there's no shot of you buying into those movies and have that same kinda of appreciation for them. they're too ridiculous.

i went into the new turtles movie with the mind frame of a 5 year old so there really wasn't any way for me to be disappointed. cause god knows if i approached it with even the slightest bit of cynicism i would have prevented myself from having a good time.

so to all the people who were bothered by certain parts of the movie, ask yourself "would this have bothered me if i was 5 years old"... and if the answer is no then shut the fukk up and enjoy the talking turtles movie and the transforming robot movie.

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
shyt like ninja turtles and transformers... if you aren't a kid or an adult who used to love those things as a kid... then there's no shot of you buying into those movies and have that same kinda of appreciation for them. they're too ridiculous.

i went into the new turtles movie with the mind frame of a 5 year old so there really wasn't any way for me to be disappointed. cause god knows if i approached it with even the slightest bit of cynicism i would have prevented myself from having a good time.

so to all the people who were bothered my certain parts of the movie, ask yourself "would this have bothered me if i was 5 years old"... and if the answer is no then shut the fukk up and enjoy the talking turtles movie and the transforming robot movie.

That's why I thought the "Honest Trailer" for "Turtles 2: Secret of the Oozes" was so disingenuous. You have an adult critiquing a Kids movie from an Adult point of view. All the things he was saying was wack appealed to kids and made us laugh. That's why I don't overanaylzed "Transformers" and this new "Turtles" movies cause I know what I'm getting before I go.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't use RT like that, but there are specific critics who share similar tastes and ideas about movies as me that I check for always

And that I agree with wholeheartedly but even with that, I still will go see something or not see something despite what that critic says but that's not the point of what I was saying: On this particular board, a lot of people only see a movie based on the critic score, period. And that's what I have an issue with

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
And that I agree with wholeheartedly but even with that, I still will go see something or not see something despite what that critic says but that's not the point of what I was saying: On this particular board, a lot of people only see a movie based on the critic score, period. And that's what I have an issue with

On this board, yes, but on a whole, the movie industry sales say differently.....people don't pay attention to critics/review sites like they used to

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's why I thought the "Honest Trailer" for "Turtles 2: Secret of the Oozes" was so disingenuous. You have an adult critiquing a Kids movie from an Adult point of view. All the things he was saying was wack appealed to kids and made us laugh. That's why I don't overanaylzed "Transformers" and this new "Turtles" movies cause I know what I'm getting before I go.

so to all the people who were bothered my certain parts of the movie, ask yourself "would this have bothered me if i was 5 years old"... and if the answer is no then shut the fukk up and enjoy the talking turtles movie and the transforming robot movie.

My mom was 30 when she took me to see the first turtles movie..matter of fact she just turned 30, and she hated it. She thought it was stupid and silly and a kids movie. And when the 2nd came out, she felt the same way.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
On this board, yes, but on a whole, the movie industry sales say differently.....people don't pay attention to critics/review sites like they used to

Yeah some movies are critic proof..Transformers, Pirates and it's because their target audience, i.e. kids, don't give a damn about a critic's opinion nor should they. If I paid attention to critics when I was a kid there were so many movies that I would've missed out on..Mighty Ducks being one of them

Daps
Reppin
NYC
My mom was 30 when she took me to see the first turtles movie..matter of fact she just turned 30, and she hated it. She thought it was stupid and silly and a kids movie. And when the 2nd came out, she felt the same way.

right, so was my mother. and those are the people who tear the movie apart on rotten tomatoes.

it's like who really gives a fukk what these people think. they're not who the movie was geared for in the first place.

do you really care what
amynicholson__130701154123-e1372693308612-200x247.jpg
thinks about a ninja turtles movie, or a transformers movie... or any of these other incredibly dumb movies us man-children still to pay and see?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
right, so was my mother. and those are the people who tear the movie apart on rotten tomatoes.

it's like who really gives a fukk what these people think. they're not who the movie was geared for in the first place.

do you really expect what
amynicholson__130701154123-e1372693308612-200x247.jpg
thinks about a ninja turtles movie, or a transformers movie... or any of these other incredibly dumb movies us man children still to pay and see?

Exactly lol...My mom wasn't the target audience. all she knew about the turtles was what I told her or asked her to buy but she'd much rather see Philadelphia if given the choice or How Stella Got Her Groove Back. Gotta let kids have their thing man. I loved all the mighty ducks movies as a kid, and little giants, and little rascals and the sandlot and those movies got eviscerated by critics. It is what it is. Like what you like, go see what you want to see

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
fukk all this tho. I just want good movies and box office has nothing to do with that. Even if all movies would have to have a 10 millz budget max we would still get great movies.

It's like Malcolm in Jurassic Park said

Art finds a way
:ehh: :leon:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Most comedies and dramas suck these days. If I want drama, I'll call my ex bytch :birdman:. If I want comedy... I'll call my ex bytch :lolbron:

exactly.

You wanna pay $20+ to watch a chick flick with the same damn plot as the last 1000 forbidden love stories.

Or stay home for free watching said movie from a quick download while you get your chick drunk on the couch.

:win:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dawn of the planet of the apes was the best movie that came out the past few yrs this summer