Nightmare at the Box Office. WORST SUMMER SINCE 97.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
3D is going to countiue to flip like it did before.

I can almost guarantee the next new thing will either be 4D (when the chairs move and you can smell/feel mist etc) or hologram.

I remember kanye talking about an idea
until a director makes it an integral part to their film it will be nothing more than a gimmick like 3D was before James Cameron's "Avatar" came through and crushed the buildings.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
until a director makes it an integral part to their film it will be nothing more than a gimmick like 3D was before James Cameron's "Avatar" came through and crushed the buildings.

The 3D of avatar was still a gimmick. That movie was trash and brought on this horrible 3D phase.

fukk that movie.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: o they only made 3.9 billion this year?

I'm surprised it's even that much considering the cost of movies these days and the fact most movies are bullshyt, we barely get classic / mega movies anymore.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Well, the people have spoken. We aren't going to see shytty movies anymore (for the most part). Like Jay Sherman the critic said:

"If the movie stinks, just don't go."

The_Critic_Season_3_Alt_.jpg

make better movies, and we will start going again

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I see it getting worse actually. Unless the movie theatre industry revolutionizes itself, then they'll continue to lose money. Most movies aren't drawing big gate numbers anymore unless it's a huge blockbuster in an already established franchise. These days with streaming and downloading, it's so easy to watch a movie at home. And if it's a movie that you can wait to watch, even better. Still, some of these sites got movie theatre films available right now. The piracy business is huge. Plus the ticket prices and concessions keep rising. It's almost what $15 for a movie ticket. It's much cheaper at home. Last night at my friends house with him and his niece, we were looking for a movie to watch. Decided on 22 jump street, I enjoyed it, was funny. Anyways I paid five bucks for it. Compare that to what you'd spend going to the movies with a group and it's ridiculous. Better to just invite some friends over, have them bring some popcorn and snacks and get a movie online. You can own the movie for the price of one ticket and everyone can watch. Unless it's a big franchise like transformers, fast and furious, etc. I don't even step foot in the movie theatre. And I got gift certificates from Christmas past. That's how uninteresting the theatre experience has gotten.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think it's funny how people agrued with me that "Nobody" would buy PPV or VOD new release films and then the Sony "Interview" Situation proved my theory correct. People will buy a new release from the theater and watch it home instead of going to the theater. AMC and Regal as now planning "Monthly" passes where you can see 1 movie per day. It's clear theaters know the writing is on the wall.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I called it, every one of these films Delivered. Fall/Winter > Summer of 14'

Shyyyyt not every one. That last Hobbit was ass and Equalizer was meh. Gimme John Wick, Selma, and the most recent Hunger Games. But Fall/Winter season is normally better than the summer breh at least once you hit a certain age in my mind.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I think it's funny how people agrued with me that "Nobody" would buy PPV or VOD new release films and then the Sony "Interview" Situation proved my theory correct. People will buy a new release from the theater and watch it home instead of going to the theater. AMC and Regal as now planning "Monthly" passes where you can see 1 movie per day. It's clear theaters know the writing is on the wall.
esp with the fact that most homes now have a large enough tv, and a set up....why pay $9-$18 a person when you can watch something at home on a 50 inch tv with as many people as you want, kicked back with maybe a beer or two and pay like 6 bucks....

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm glad shyt is down. Its way too many shytty movies being released and I think I only went to the movies about 3 times this year (Interstellar, Guardians of The Galaxy, Cap 2). The rest of that shyt I wait to see on Popcorn Time