Nightmare at the Box Office. WORST SUMMER SINCE 97.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only ones to blame are themselves....the cost to go to the movies keeps increasing, and with so many movies getting released in such a short span, people aren't seeing them all, they're being selective....

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
the only ones to blame are themselves....the cost to go to the movies keeps increasing, and with so many movies getting released in such a short span, people aren't seeing them all, they're being selective....
This. Also seems like way more movies come out than in the past. Same with tv shows. And with so many more forms of media we have now that didn't exist 20 years ago plus this ADD generation it just doesnt make any business sense

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, that cost is crazy. Where I live, if I pay for a movie for two with popcorn and a drink without hitting a matinee, I'm looking at about $30. If I do that shyt every single week, going to the movies is damn near a utility. That's a bit absurd.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, that cost is crazy. Where I live, if I pay for a movie for two with popcorn and a drink without hitting a matinee, I'm looking at about $30. If I do that shyt every single week, going to the movies is damn near a utility. That's a bit absurd.
Plus if you wait 3 months you can download/rent it

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
that was the 5th spidey movie
that was the 5th x men movie
that was the 4th transformers movie

those franchises saw their peak already. not surprising that their 4th and 5th installments aren't out there breakin records. they ain't as fresh right now. never for a second did i expect any one of those to cross the 300 mil mark.

look at how many people showed up for guardians. you know why? cause no one has ever seen them before. if the first ever guardians movie could do numbers like that then picture theoretically how well the first ever spidey movie could have done in this same climate.

so sorry i'm not buyin the "people don't like goin to the movies as much anymore" nonsense. if a movie is a draw then people will go.
People are also confused with all these recent reboots. They expect them to be sequels not to completely start over.. Xmen and Spider-man barely was out 10 years and they rebooted them and completely changed the story. I've heard a few people say they don't like the new ones cause they went away from what they thought was the original story..

But at the same time I been saying that having DVD and redbox releases so close after it leaves the theater was going to hurt ticket sales.. It's not hard to wait a few months to see a movie..

And they fukked up this year by having these movies come out one week apart, at one point I was behind on like three movies cause they came out so close... These movies have no chance at a long run cause another super heroe or cartoon from the 80s remake would come out and People would have to choose,, and most of the time the new movie wins..

When batman came out and broke those records at the time there was no real competition for atleast a few weeks.. If transformers captain America and the avengers came out in the following weeks, that record never happens.. Hollywood should be grateful for those numbers..

Last edited:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Can't wait for the first images of the new star wars to come out, gonna print that shyts on shirts and baseball caps and start selling them early, I remember the star wars fever of summer 99 :lawd:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus if you wait 3 months you can download/rent it
For me, I would be kicking myself for not seeing it in the theater if it's dope. I tend to first see it at the theater (sometimes opening night depending on the film to get the energy from the fans) then if I was feeling it I'll get the blu-ray

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Death of the Box Office, resurrected Dramas (cablewise) into the New Golden Age of TV:blessed:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Out of curiosity, none of y'all got "dollar" theaters?
Ours usually stays packed on Friday and Saturday night

There used to be dollar theaters around my way in the 90s and early 2000s but they're vamoose. There are still a couple of cheap theaters around but not dollar cheap and for real, you wouldn't even want to go to those theaters if you have a choice

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Can't wait for the first images of the new star wars to come out, gonna print that shyts on shirts and baseball caps and start selling them early, I remember the star wars fever of summer 99 :lawd:

Episode VII doesn't drop until 12/18/15. I don't think the box office is ready for it. Yes "The Avengers 2" is going to do good but I think Comic Book fatigue is going to start to kick in so I don't think "The Avengers 2" will outgross the 1st one. It will have a hot start and taper off. "Star Wars 7" will have 4 different generations watching it. It's going to be huge especially with the old cast returning. As soon as people see Luke, Han Solo and Princess Leia it's a wrap. I'm upset cause Lando (Billie Dee) should be in it too.

star_wars_episode_vii_fan_poster_1.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
my biggest fear is that disney mandates vader and yoda being written into the movie somehow.

we get it, they're icons... but they are also dead. it's time to move on. you'll still be able to sell shytloads of toys without them.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
my biggest fear is that disney mandates vader and yoda being written into the movie somehow.

we get it, they're icons... but they are also dead. it's time to move on. you'll still be able to sell shytloads of toys without them.

I'm sure Vader will be in the film as a Flashback or Dream sequence. Yoda will be in it as a Force Ghost guiding Luke in the Afterlife. As far as forcing them. Disney has not choice. Vader is one of the biggest Villians in Movie History. Vader and Yoda ARE Star Wars. They have to be included. I just don't want them to bring back Anakin (Hayden Christisen). We are talking JJ Abrams here. He directed the perfect 1980's E.T. homage film with "Super 8". I'm sure he will capture the original Trilogy and it was a Notaligia trip which will bring out generations of fans new and old.