Niģģas Already Knew This : "White Teachers Have Lower Expectations Of Black Students Study Suggests"

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
From lipstick alley

´my best friend is struggling to teach in a grade school where most of the teachers are white and racist. won't even let the kids read chapter books in eighth grade. fought tooth and nail when the black female principal tried to revamp the curriculum and make it challenging. they got her fired. its like they understand that if our children don't learn or learn to learn then they will not become any kind of competition in the future. its pure institutional racism on so many levels.`

:wow: there is a fukking war against us. These cacs really do fear black intelligence

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
I advocate for segregation. Its the only way. End of. Malcolm said this way back. Mingling with whites has been the worst thing to happend to blacks since jim crow and slavery. We need to separate. Multiculturalism is not working.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Man the stories I can share with y'all! The stories! What I will say is this, our kids ( when I mean "our" kids I mean black kids) like to play around too much. School is not taking seriously which in turn makes it harder to teach. I'm a little different then other and come from a "real place" as I like to say so it nothing for me to deal with the politics of our children however most white teachers don't want to deal with that and simply ignore the low performing students.

Aside from that, some of these parents views don't help either. Like I told my colleague a while back, education starts and end at home. School is simply the place where ideas are shared. It up to the parents to put in the work and reinforce what going on at school.

I'm a special Ed teacher so all my students have yearly goals to reach. I reassure that all my kids are putting in work but it takes tremendous effort on my part to make it happen. Some teachers are like whatever but I feel it a disservice to the kids if I don't do as much as possible to reassure their needs are being meet.

It a constant struggle but very much worth the fight

Where do you teach? In NYC, Special Ed is a mess. I miss my self-contained classes.

For YEARS I've been begging to teach an Intro to Africana history or Contemporary Issues and Hip-Hop course to no avail :francis: On the other hand, I'll never forget doing some lessons on Apartheid. The Asian and Latino kids were very into it while a black kid shouted out "Ms, why we gotta learn about this Africa shyt" :snoop:

I had that kid in another class until the end of the unit (got in trouble for it but didn't care). I have ZERO TOLERANCE for students who want to be rude when it comes to Black History.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Already knew this. They have been doing that since integration. It's to be expected. What is more disturbing to me is black teachers who teach in low income areas doing the same thing. That's why no matter who the teacher is you need to be aware and involved. I still would rather my child be in a predominately black school taught by black teachers. It is always something extra you have to worry about with white schools.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I never liked high school it was just a way to get out the house. It was bullshyt, all they taught me how to do was take a test and really not teach you everything that's on the test. This is a reason kids fail especially in poor communities.

Watching The Wire season 4 brings all that back especially when Prez is starting to teach the kids and then told stop what your doing and teach the test because the test scores decide if we're going to have jobs or not. Even if the kids improve all it means is they're a level behind even if we cook the books. Then when Prez finds brand new computers still in the unopened box. I remember the time me and my friends where cutting class went into the storage room and found boxes of brand new textbooks and computers. My home girl said you would never see white kids without new school shyt, and she was right. The textbooks we had where dated from the 80's.

The New York City school system never taught me anything to enhance my mind. I did that all by myself.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If Black folks in huge numbers suddenly pulled their kids from the public and private school dumbing down camps and home schooled their kids..I can assure you white America would have home schooling banned. Overnight..

This is a cold war and most Black folks don't seem to realise it..

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
I dislike c00ns and people who go against the black community.

If a biracial supports the black community its all good.

:russell: Don't worry about the race of my future children.What ever they will be they will be loved.

Obviously this didn't work as you grew up into a full fledged wench and a tool for white supremacy. Your dad failed.

:russell: IR dating is becoming more & more prevalent & there is nothing you can do about it, get over it.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
:russell: Don't worry about the race of my future children.What ever they will be they will be loved.
Im more concerned if you and your people will support the black community or go against it more so than who you date because it sounds liek you want to go against the black community.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Im more concerned if you and your people will support the black community or go against it more so than who you date because it sounds liek you want to go against the black community.

How about you worry about the black men we see everyday who bash black women.:russell:People who are actually on this earth and not my imaginary children,