Niģģas Already Knew This : "White Teachers Have Lower Expectations Of Black Students Study Suggests"

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
YES! Yes!!! Public education system is POISON!

When I tell u schools are still very much segregated purposefully due to restructuring of zoning laws. It's a mess!

Also there are no gifted classes in title 1 predominantly poor and Blk/Hispanic schools.

There are so many issues that need awareness!!!

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
I was gonna make a thread on a similar premise. But I remember my kindergarten teacher told me I wouldn't amount to anything in life. It fukked with me all the way through elementary school. She was a cac of course.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Where do you teach? In NYC, Special Ed is a mess. I miss my self-contained classes.

For YEARS I've been begging to teach an Intro to Africana history or Contemporary Issues and Hip-Hop course to no avail :francis: On the other hand, I'll never forget doing some lessons on Apartheid. The Asian and Latino kids were very into it while a black kid shouted out "Ms, why we gotta learn about this Africa shyt" :snoop:

I had that kid in another class until the end of the unit (got in trouble for it but didn't care). I have ZERO TOLERANCE for students who want to be rude when it comes to Black History.

Cleveland Ohio

Oddly enough i just got a gig with district 75 so I might bump into you.

What should I know going in?

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Cleveland Ohio

Oddly enough i just got a gig with district 75 so I might bump into you.

What should I know going in?

No you won't breh :dame:

I'd say stick to the kids who are intellectually disabled (if you can). Is this secondary or elementary? Most of them will be very sweet and will try hard if they like the class.

If they are mostly ED? :patrice:Be firm but get them to trust you. I'd steer clear of any ratios that are below 12:1:1 :huhldup:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
No you won't breh :dame:

I'd say stick to the kids who are intellectually disabled (if you can). Is this secondary or elementary? Most of them will be very sweet and will try hard if they like the class.

If they are mostly ED? :patrice:Be firm but get them to trust you. I'd steer clear of any ratios that are below 12:1:1 :huhldup:

Thanks for the feedback!

I work with ED kids currently in the elementary wing so It nothing to transition. Just looking forward to tackle the beast

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Fukked up story.

3rd grade. I wasn't Einstein, but I was a pretty above average student. My mom was teaching me stuff at home and what not. :salute: We had these weekly spelling tests and I would always ace that shyt with a 100% every time. It was easy as fukk for me. It was a class of like 17-20 students and there were only maybe 2-3 black kids in there, myself included.

So after every test my teacher would call out the top five grades. But this time she didn't call my name at all. Everybody in the class just looked at me like :dahell:

So our tests are passed out and I see that I made a 60%. I instantly knew something was up. I looked at my paper closer and saw that the letter 'e' was forged at the end of every word so it could be marked wrong.

This bytch intentionally misspelled my words so I would fail. I took it up to her and asked her who did this and she looked at me and said, "You did, nothing is guaranteed for you."

I didn't even understand why at the time, but I started crying. For the 1st time, as a fukking 3rd grader, I felt completely helpless.

Showed it to my mom and she came up to the school and cursed my teacher out so bad, she was about to kill herself.
They didn't fire her because our black principle was a c00n and didn't want to piss any cacs off.

For the rest of the year this bytch didn't say anything to me until the last day of school. She told me, "Good luck next year." I said, "You too."

Find out in high school she died of heart attack or something. :manny:

Good. Racist cave cac trash. I'm not putting my future kids in this system, I swear. My ultimate goal is to start a homeschool/co-op with my own curriculum and lesson plans for our kids.