NFL Week 11: What have we learned

broller

Veteran
Daps
Probably. But Warren needs Najee to be as effective as he is. Otherwise, he becomes what Pollard is now without Zeke.

Also:

The Steelers need a veteran QB. Badly. It can't be a rookie unless he is mature/advanced beyond his years when it comes to situational football. They'd likely be undefeated if they had a QB that consistently played with the understanding of how important down and distance is for sustaining an offensive flow and variety when it comes to attacking the defense.

Chargers have to clean house.

It's a lot of comments in here about the Lions being mid, but to make up a 12-point deficit with 18 points in the final four minutes of a game is impressive, no matter what.

Tannehill fell off hard but he would have been a good fit a couple of years ago.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably. But Warren needs Najee to be as effective as he is. Otherwise, he becomes what Pollard is now without Zeke.

Also:

The Steelers need a veteran QB. Badly. It can't be a rookie unless he is mature/advanced beyond his years when it comes to situational football. They'd likely be undefeated if they had a QB that consistently played with the understanding of how important down and distance is for sustaining an offensive flow and variety when it comes to attacking the defense.

Chargers have to clean house.

It's a lot of comments in here about the Lions being mid, but to make up a 12-point deficit with 18 points in the final four minutes of a game is impressive, no matter what.
A few seasons ago Steelers w/ a veteran QB started 11- 0 finished the season 1- 4(I think) to only get beat by the Browns. They need a legit dual threat QB with a high ceiling who can game manage. Pickett will never be him. The stop-gap vet QB(not good enough for deep playoff runs/not bad enough for a high draft pick).

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
ef58a04f-51ed-4683-bff3-9662fda6c26b_1920x1080.jpg

I can almost buy him being 1/4 black in the younger photo :russ:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
A few seasons ago Steelers w/ a veteran QB started 11- 0 finished the season 1- 4(I think) to only get beat by the Browns. They need a legit dual threat QB with a high ceiling who can game manage. Pickett will never be him. The stop-gap vet QB(not good enough for deep playoff runs/not bad enough for a high draft pick).

The bolded is why I say vet (meaning, somebody like Dobbs, TBH). Not many rookies come in understanding that a lot of times, just managing down and distance and sustaining drives is better than hunting the explosive play. Pickett doesn't seem to understand that, which is wild because he doesn't have the kind of arm that justifies trying to force big plays.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
30 less sacks on 200 more pass attempts during their OSU careers. CJs been operating at a different speed.

CJs biggest issue at OSU was his refusal to use his athleticism to make plays, I'm not sure if it was coaching or what. That Georgia game was like his Neo in the Matrix moment and boy started to believe :damn:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bolded is why I say vet (meaning, somebody like Dobbs, TBH). Not many rookies come in understanding that a lot of times, just managing down and distance and sustaining drives is better than hunting the explosive play. Pickett doesn't seem to understand that, which is wild because he doesn't have the kind of arm that justifies trying to force big plays.
Dobbs=dual threat ability with a high ceiling

They need to get that type of QB in the building

broller

Veteran
Daps

Frfr. That's what I was thinking when he first came in last year. I was saying that he plays like he has the arm of a Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen or Matthew Stafford, but he doesn't. So so many of his throws are contested or intercepted.