New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Fresh off a big win at the Minnesota Webfest, Alonge Hawes has scored another victory: He’s signed an overall marketing deal with SeekaTV. The exclusive deal expands Hawes’s relationship with SeekaTV’s digital platform, which was an early distribution partner for his series Blue Collar Hustle. Under the pact, SeekaTV will become an exclusive home for the show’s second season, and Hawes will continue to write, executive produce, and star in the series.

The news comes on the heels of Hawes landing two nominations at the Minnesota Webfest, Best Drama and Best Representation Of Communities Of Color, of which the series took home the second. The series was also recently named an official selection at the 16th annual Urban Mediamakers Film Festival.

ALONGE HAWES INKS MARKETING DEAL WITH SEEKA.TV

@LinusCaldwell @MartyMcFly @UserNameless @LauderdaleBoss @The HONORABLE SKJ @True Blue Moon @hustlemania @Originalman @MoonGoddess @Paradise @Lady.Libra. @Jax @-DMP- @Piff Perkins @Soymuscle Mike @Stacker Pentecost @mr.africa @Majestic @PlayerNinety_Nine @Danie84 @Soundbwoy @Booksnrain @RoyalQ @Illeye buckmatic @General Mills @Born2BKing @Tupac in a Business Suit @UpAndComing @Supreme HD @Milk N Cookies @blazn101 @Sankofa Alwayz @obarth @GoldenGlove @O.Red @Muscle Man @KaliOshun

Last edited:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps

Fresh off a big win at the Minnesota Webfest, Alonge Hawes has scored another victory: He’s signed an overall marketing deal with SeekaTV. The exclusive deal expands Hawes’s relationship with SeekaTV’s digital platform, which was an early distribution partner for his series Blue Collar Hustle. Under the pact, SeekaTV will become an exclusive home for the show’s second season, and Hawes will continue to write, executive produce, and star in the series.

The news comes on the heels of Hawes landing two nominations at the Minnesota Webfest, Best Drama and Best Representation Of Communities Of Color, of which the series took home the second. The series was also recently named an official selection at the 16th annual Urban Mediamakers Film Festival.

ALONGE HAWES INKS MARKETING DEAL WITH SEEKA.TV

@LinusCaldwell @MartyMcFly @UserNameless @LauderdaleBoss @The HONORABLE SKJ @True Blue Moon @hustlemania @Originalman @MoonGoddess @Paradise @Lady.Libra. @Jax @-DMP- @Piff Perkins @Soymuscle Mike @Stacker Pentecost @mr.africa @Majestic
My man. You looking real vavy with that dashiki on. :myman:Proud of you breh, i mean it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New interview courtesy of Black Talent TV

Each year, there are a group of projects that premiere with new and exciting premises but only a few succeed in sustaining an audience. Fortunately, one of those succeeding projects for 2017 is Blue Collar Hustle. For those who don’t know, Blue Collar Hustle is a web series that tells the story of four young black men in Stone Mtn. GA – looking to change their fortunes and find their calling through art, music, and a bit of imagination; all the while juggling the everyday responsibilities of families, job security, and above all else—the reality of existing as black men in modern day society.

Recently, I had the pleasure of interviewing Alonge Hawes, the creator, writer, executive producer, and star of Blue Collar Hustle. Hawes plays Ajani Garvey, a 20-something African American businessman with a small family of his own. Check out my interview with Hawes where he discusses Blue Collar Hustle, the show’s recent win at the Minnesota Film Festival, what’s next for him, and more below.

Full interview link

You Have To Live It, Eat It, and Breathe It: An Interview with Alonge Hawes | Black Talent TV

@Illeye buckmatic @Jax @The HONORABLE SKJ @-DMP- @MartyMcFly @Milk N Cookies @Booksnrain @Lady.Libra. @Colicat @awkwardblackgirl @Soymuscle Mike @True Blue Moon @hustlemania @Majestic @Originalman @mr.africa @LinusCaldwell @LauderdaleBoss @UserNameless @Achille @Realdealholy @Esco @blazn101 @Piff Perkins @Stacker Pentecost @Wild self @Soundbwoy

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New interview courtesy of Colored Content

In this interview with chat with the Along Hawes the creator of the web series Blue Collar Hustle.

1) What inspired you to create the series “Blue Collar Hustle”?
I was dissatisfied with the mainstream media representation of the Black American experience. Even answering this question a year later, you can count on one hand the number of shows that portray Black millennials as anything other than ignorant stereotypes. I decided that instead of sitting around waiting for someone to make the show that I’d want to see, that I would do it myself.

2) Music is the heart of the series. What made you to focus on music?
Hip Hop is the life-blood of the series. Quentin Williams (who plays Quan Banneker) is a real life rapper. The story that we tell in the series first episode is about 80% true. Myself, Quentin, Howard Woodburn (Anthony Lee) and Roberto Cruz (Jose Torres) all met while working together at Best Buy. We’d always get together on breaks and talk about rap, so one day Quentin told me that he himself was a rapper and gave me a flash drive with some music on it. I took it home and was blown away by the quality. So when I conceptualized the series I wrote it hand in hand with Quentin’s music.

3) The series addresses serious topics, including racism, and social justice. What made you choose those topics?
They need to be spoken on, and they need to be spoken on in a manner that isn’t tap dancing around the issues. We as Black people experience life through a different lens, so portions of the show are my attempts to have the audience see with that lens. And whether it is a hue that you can relate to or not, it is honest.

Full interview link

Web Series Creators: Exclusive Interview with Alonge Hawes

@Illeye buckmatic @BmoreGorilla @-DMP- @Lady.Libra. @General Mills @Piff Perkins @LauderdaleBoss @LinusCaldwell @UserNameless @MartyMcFly @Milk N Cookies @Originalman @mr.africa @Jax @The HONORABLE SKJ @Colicat @Stacker Pentecost @Achille @Realdealholy @We Major @Wild self @Soymuscle Mike @ghostwriterx @mobbinfms @obarth @Paradise @MoonGoddess @True Blue Moon @Majestic