New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Interested in hearing your thoughts

I just watched the pilot, but hopefully the rest of the season has scenes without the lead. The pilot having the lead be "all in the videos" was dawning, other than some technical issues I won't criticize the show til I see the whole season.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just watched the pilot, but hopefully the rest of the season has scenes without the lead. The pilot having the lead be "all in the videos" was dawning, other than some technical issues I won't criticize the show til I see the whole season.

The first three episodes are "Centric" to one character. Meaning the plot revolves around them. We started with Ajani since he's the one who grows to be the leader. But you'll see, I made sure to give everyone a good balance. You should see as early as episode 2 that each main character has an arc that will be fleshed out as the season goes on

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
2016 has been a year of both turmoil and entertainment. As the injustices and atrocities that the African American community has suffered for over a Century come to the forefront in all of its graphic violence, the mainstream representation of young black people looking to carve out new cinematic identities has experienced a renaissance. Ava Duverney, Kenya Barris, Issa Rae, Misha Green, Nate Parker, and Donald Glover have all been instrumental in the overhaul of what it means to be a black creative within mainstream film and television. At different times during the year I have been pleased and in awe of their stories and representations of the modern black experience.
I did however, find myself feeling as if a certain segment of the African American community has gone underrepresented. As many of you know, I have written many articles, reviews, and critiques on treatment of modern day black males in mainstream media. And though many of these representations have been nuanced and multi-dimensional, they have also fallen into one specific trope; that of the unemployed black male struggling to adequately take care of house and home. Of the mainstream representations of black males on both network and cable television, only two have portrayed black men in successful stages of employment. The Lebron James produced Survivor's Remorse, which excellently portrays a black man named Reggie Vaughn (played by Ronreaco Lee) as he attempts to further the wealth, influence, and legacy of his NBA player cousin. The second, Black-ish, portrays Anthony Anderson as the Howard University graduate Andre Johnson, who works as an advertising executive while providing for his lovely wife and four children. Both of these television shows portray intelligent, hard working black men who always find a way provide for their families, they are both also in their late 30's-early 40's. I found myself asking who was going to tell the story of the younger, mid to late 20's Black men who are working to advance within the American workforce? These stories of black men, some with degrees, some with only the determination to make more of themselves than what society at large expects of them?

I decided to stop wondering and actually tell the story myself or at least my version of such.

Enter The Blue Collar Hustle

@LinusCaldwell @True Blue Moon @Illeye buckmatic @mobbinfms @SoulController @JoelB @General Mills @MoonGoddess @CinnaSlim @Milk N Cookies @Realdealholy @MartyMcFly @fillerguy @-DMP- @wire28 @hustlemania @Azul @awkwardblackgirl @Colicat @ExodusNirvana @Trillmatic318 @Rastafarian42 @Black Reign @cfountain @Phoenix_Knightly23 @GoldenGlove @Stacker Pentecost @BXKingPin82 @Brooklynzson @Soundbwoy @Walt @We Major @Paradise @UpAndComing @Wild self @Originalman @Conz

:wow: I've been sleep

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

BLUE COLLAR HUSTLE TO STREAM ON KWELITV

KweliTV will become the latest streaming partner for Blue Collar Hustle’s first season, as announced by series creator Alonge Hawes.

The series follows the exploits of four millennials living in Stone Mountain, Ga. Who look to take destiny into their own hands by starting their own independent record label; all while juggling careers, relationships, and the realities that come with existing as black men in modern society. The series stars Alonge Hawes, Quentin Williams, Howard Woodburn, Roberto Cruz, Shani Hawes and Tijuana Agnew. Hawes created the series and also serves as executive producer. It is directed by Geoffrey Henderson and produced via Geoffrey’s Planet LLC.

Following its critically acclaimed first season, the series was nominated for two awards at the inaugural Minnesota Webfest for Best Drama and Best Representation Of Communities Of Color.

“Having Blue Collar Hustle become a part of KweliTV's rising star is both honoring and humbling,” Hawes previously said. “It has always been my intention to join with others as we rewrite the black American story. KweliTV is the perfect venue to do so.”

KweliTV was created by NewU Business Grant recipient and Harvard African Business New Venture Competition winner Deshuna Spencer in 2015, and since has curated a library of over 250 titles dedicated to producing and presenting original content representative of the African diaspora. Since it’s launch it has amassed over 15,000 registered users, with new content debuting every Wednesday. It runs a pricing tier for yearly subscriptions of $49.99 or monthly subscriptions of $5.99, with 24 hour rentals available at $3.99.

Blue Collar Hustle debuted in February 2017, and has since amassed over 40,000 views via its Youtube channel. It is also available to stream via Seeka.tv, Bingewave, and Go Indie TV. The complete first season will become available on KweliTV in early October.

BLUE COLLAR HUSTLE TO STREAM ON KWELI.TV

@Achille @True Blue Moon @MoonGoddess @Paradise @Colicat @LinusCaldwell @LauderdaleBoss @Illeye buckmatic @Born2BKing @Tupac in a Business Suit @Milk N Cookies @awkwardblackgirl @Lady.Libra. @Wild self @UpAndComing @-DMP- @General Mills @BXKingPin82 @Soymuscle Mike @ghostwriterx @Azul @hustlemania @Originalman @Stacker Pentecost @ExodusNirvana @King Sun @Soundbwoy @Conz @UserNameless @Majestic @Danie84 @mr.africa @ZoeGod @Golayitdown @The HONORABLE SKJ @Darth Nubian @ridedolo

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Congrats to you and the team @Ziggiy
tumblr_nacx564YGZ1qduh7lo1_500.gif