[NEW] Lupe Fiasco-Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
wish he picked an original beat.. pretty weak basically jackin a beat for his lead street single

That's the funniest part. He jacked "TROY". It's not as if most people can even name the original sample, without using Google....it's instantly recognized as "TROY". Hell, they even chopped the sample up exactly the same.

Fred.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Now that I know why Pete Rock is upset, I understand.

Btw it's more about WHY the record was originally created, not HOW.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now that I know why Pete Rock is upset, I understand.

Btw it's more about WHY the record was originally created, not HOW.

Nah I get that, but people were asking how can Pete Rock call people unoriginal, when he sampled....which obviously makes no sense.

Fred.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock
No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made

Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one!

It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?

Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fukking day!!!! Smh

Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate

This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to

So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like I'm truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da shyt outta y'all

U guys have been violated with no Vaseline. So fukked up this business smmfh!!! And I don't care who got something to say about it, kiss my

I'm not flattered @ all. Dat shyt is wack, and the producer should be ashamed of his fukkin self. Smh

That record is dear to me yo fukk deez nikkas!!!!

I'm still Dat nikka out here believe it or don't. Ur ignorance not mine, lame duck bullshyt.

I think lupe is a great artist, I'm that angry with him but it's a major label idea. I can feel it.

Twitter

:krs:

I bet he was thinking, "Oh y'all want some hip-hop beats, huh? BAM! Is T.R.O.Y hip-hop enough for you???" without realizing that it was a pretty personal tribute song to a fallen friend.

Typical Lupe. Can't see the forest through the trees...

:leon:

Get Right

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't even wanna hear it.

They made shytty version of the original beat I heard the snippet.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete Rock is salty as hell for no reason. He should be more honored by the fact that an establish artist from the next generation chose his work, BECAUSE of the angst it represents and uses it for modern politics. On top of that, it brings his tribute to the limelight again.

I don't see why he feels this is disrespect - he didn't use it for a soul less pop anthem, and its not like Lu doesnt have success of his own and NEEDED to do it. This aint like if Soulja Boy or Gucci hopped on it to talk about trappin, or like he's piggybacking off it

If you don't like it, get lawyered up and dont be a bytch ass nikka on twitter

Get Right

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he finally stops rappin over techno beats BUT he has to taint it by rockin over a sample he shoulda left alone lol this guy can't win.

Looking forward to other new tracks from him though, just not this.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess this a good start, kinda in bad taste to remake this jam w/o even talking to Pete

Still, Lupe is on the right track with this sound

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
First off let me say Lupe is one of the greatest rappers that has ever rapped, ive bought every fukkin album this niga has dropped and ill even buy this...

BUT fukk THIS!!!!!!!!!! theres some shyt you dont rap over and this is one of those things. You can sample it all you want but why sample the whole fukking song? bruh this is shameless.

Im not mad he sampled Troy, im mad they didnt even chane it...thats the laziest producer ever.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pete Rock is salty as hell for no reason. He should be more honored by the fact that an establish artist from the next generation chose his work, BECAUSE of the angst it represents and uses it for modern politics. On top of that, it brings his tribute to the limelight again.

I don't see why he feels this is disrespect - he didn't use it for a soul less pop anthem, and its not like Lu doesnt have success of his own and NEEDED to do it. This aint like if Soulja Boy or Gucci hopped on it to talk about trappin, or like he's piggybacking off it

If you don't like it, get lawyered up and dont be a bytch ass nikka on twitter

:rudy: at being honored that someone looped up an inferior version of the same shyt you did 20 years ago....which was about your dead homie.

In what universe is Lupe so revered that anyone would be "honored" under these circumstances? :beli:

Fred.

RocPG

Pro
Daps
Reppin
South-Africa
Lupe Back!!!!!:win:

:deadrose: @ Pete Rock acting like a bytch over this!!!!!

Lupe Snapped!!!be glad someone like Waka or Wiz didn't use the beat:yeshrug::krs: