[NEW] Lupe Fiasco-Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
All this crying about the beat. It's not that serious.
Cosign. This nikka pete rock act like Gucci mane jumped on his beat and released a song :rudy:

Lupe is straight spittin' on it and the live sax is a nice touch. And he don't need to "steal" beats to have a successful single. Dude been successful.

Plus the whole time I'm listening I'm just like :smugdraper: "God damn Pete Rock is such a dope producer"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: at people taking Lupe's word at face value. "Yeah I reached out to him"....obviously not.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was okay. He didn't really make it his own. Like Pete said, the producer should be ashamed of himself. As a "beatmaker" I could never feel satisfied with a carbon copy of a classic.

With that said, Pete seems a little bitter with the whole that was for T-roy shyt. nikka, TROY still exists. This song did nothing to alter it. It will be forgotten tomorrow.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
pete rock old salty ass

Yes, its a remake of T.R.O.Y, .... Yes, I did it. Me and my production partner DJ Simonsayz produced it.
It was something he wanted to do, and I thought his lyrics were cool. We did it with no samples, as per instruction, and it was pretty damn tough to pull off. I think we did a pretty good job. I did not know that Pete Rock would be so pissed..... Truth be told, I thought he was in the loop with it.. but no matter.

I certainly didn't intend to come out and shyt on pete rock in any way. He's always been one of my biggest influences, and he's a hip hop legend. It feels kind of bad to have one of your idols come out and diss you. But I understand his perspective. I will say that the vast majority of kids I talk to have never heard the original, and maybe this will get them to go back and pay attention to the first record.
The legal issues with using the original made it pretty impossible from a modern major label perspective, My intent was to pay tribute in the best way I could and maybe make something cool and new, with an obvious homage to the original version.
I have tons of original beats, people that know me on here know that. Its not even the first time I've been asked to remake this track for someone. All in all I thought it came out pretty dope.
Maybe I shouldnt even be speaking on this, but there it is. Redoing it gave me a new appreciation for Pete's original production and how intricate and complicated it was. I dont blog and I'm not active on twitter, so I figured Id put this here.
Anyways, you can hate me now. I'm just trying to get over like the rest of yall though.
Peace, B

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
you'd rather him say nothing and ignore the obvious phuckery that is perpetuated by this rotten ass country is what you sayin?

Breh I'm saying he needs to be taken with a grain of salt... His skewed opinion tho it's his own makes him think he can just take a crap all over the country we live in... Not saying he's wrong about all the things he says but he's not telling us a way to change. All black everything is a perfect example that was one of the most boringest songs ever. It was like going over 1st grade history :rudy:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
[QUOTE I just got off da phone lupe, we worked out our differences and we bout to get it in. Gonna be epic and we gonna give Troy and hev the [/QUOTE]

Pete Rock

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Glad him and Pete Rock squashed it.

As far as Lupe's anti-America/government (or whatever) material....I'll give an example of why it's kinda retarded. In an interview he was criticizing Obama for some random shyt....it's like homie, you can't even control your own career. You more or less admitted you are a slave to your label, and they control what songs you drop. Focus on that type of shyt before you try to give advice to other people, especially the president.

Fred.