[NEW] Lupe Fiasco-Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Re-purposing a sound another artists created into something completely different, with it's own musical qualities (tempo,melody,whatever) isn't comparable to this...this is lupe rapping over t.r.o.y.

I see what you're saying but I don't think they're similar enough to warrant irony
Naw it's the same...the rest is semantics and splitting hairs

Krucial

Wait... What?
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Happy he is actually back to music that has a hip-hop feel to it...

But should have left T.R.O.Y alone.

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
he's flowin and he's rhymin

officially hyped for the album

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock
No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made

Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one!

It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?

Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fukking day!!!! Smh

Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate

This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to

So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like I'm truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da shyt outta y'all

U guys have been violated with no Vaseline. So fukked up this business smmfh!!! And I don't care who got something to say about it, kiss my

I'm not flattered @ all. Dat shyt is wack, and the producer should be ashamed of his fukkin self. Smh

That record is dear to me yo fukk deez nikkas!!!!

I'm still Dat nikka out here believe it or don't. Ur ignorance not mine, lame duck bullshyt.

I think lupe is a great artist, I'm that angry with him but it's a major label idea. I can feel it.

Twitter

:krs:

says the guy that built his whole sound/career on sampling music from the 60s and 70s :rudy:

the hypocrisy is crippling :snoop:
Agree and agree

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk.

shyt is hot to me.

And Pete Rock acts like he hasnt sampled mad shyt throughout his career. The producer shouldnt even get a credit for this tho really but oh well, this isnt the first time rappers have rapped over someone elses beat. He should be happy that people are still moved enough to fukk with his shyt.

Still, there pretty much makin money off the beat that Pete made years ago.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of you just don't get it.

Pete Rock sampling a record to make "TROY"....or sampling in general....ain't the same as this. Why? Because before the internet you had to actually go find samples, and someone like Pete Rock would go dig in dusty ass record stores for hours, just to find a 4-8 second loop. Which he'd then have to manually chop up, process, etc.

And nowadays people take shyt like Itunes, Wikipedia, or Sample Data Base for granted, but most of the time back in the day, you wouldn't know what was sampled. Why? Because they spent hours, days, weeks, looking for samples.

So for a producer in 2012 to just say "I'm gonna jack TROY"...."TROY" didn't exist before Pete Rock created it. The original song existed, but he discovered that sample. At the very least it's lazy as fukk, to an old school producer like Pete Rock, it's disrespectful.

Fred.

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
wish he picked an original beat.. pretty weak basically jackin a beat for his lead street single

lu came correct though, that' the best thing to take from this