[NEW] Lupe Fiasco-Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
after doin some research i understand why pete rock is upset. imagine u made a dope song based off a sample and it became a classic record, and it was dedicated to your dead homie, and than years later some new cat takes the same sample and recreates it into some political nonsense and doesnt even give u a shoutout or bother to ask u if ur ok with it. pete has every right to be upset, lupe should be ashame of himself. first he said he never listened to tribe called quest, now this? fukk lupe

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Its ok! he hyped this track up tho....it aint major like that...not even close. but a step in the right direction.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
On the low, Lupe is the biggest troll in hip hop. Always looking for negative attention...

LOUDaffair

TrippyDREAD...
Daps
Reppin
3rd Ward New Orleans, Louisiana 504 ...
TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock
No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made

Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one!

It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?

Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fukking day!!!! Smh

Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate

This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to

So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like I'm truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da shyt outta y'all

U guys have been violated with no Vaseline. So fukked up this business smmfh!!! And I don't care who got something to say about it, kiss my

I'm not flattered @ all. Dat shyt is wack, and the producer should be ashamed of his fukkin self. Smh

That record is dear to me yo fukk deez nikkas!!!!

I'm still Dat nikka out here believe it or don't. Ur ignorance not mine, lame duck bullshyt.

I think lupe is a great artist, I'm that angry with him but it's a major label idea. I can feel it.

Twitter

:krs:
nikka doing all that crying :rudy::to:

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I understand Pete's reaction even if it seems a little overkill...like I don't think he needed 100 tweets to get his point across.

my big problem with shiit like this is when the remake isn't near as good as the original as is the case here...it's the same way when they remake movies that aren't as good as the original...what's the point?

unless the producer has a new take on the sample and a way to make it sound different then why reuse the sample at all?...and the way they literally re-made the T.R.O.Y. beat tells me they were trying to piggy-back off that song's credibility to pump up their own song's credibility...it's lame

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
He's arguably a top 5 producer ever, but Pete Rock is coming off like a bitter old man desperate for attention.

He's most noted for being a producer that samples other people's existing works. Sampling in itself opens up Pandora's Box; there's no written rules that say "if you sample my shyt, you gotta flip it so it has a certain level of creativity"... there's been countless producers who basically threw some drums behind a sample and made a beat out of it... and this isn't the first time someone has rapped over the TROY beat, matter of fact, it's not even the first time Lupe has rapped over the TROY beat, so why's he getting mad NOW?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
after doin some research i understand why pete rock is upset. imagine u made a dope song based off a sample and it became a classic record, and it was dedicated to your dead homie, and than years later some new cat takes the same sample and recreates it into some political nonsense and doesnt even give u a shoutout or bother to ask u if ur ok with it. pete has every right to be upset, lupe should be ashame of himself. first he said he never listened to tribe called quest, now this? fukk lupe

I'm with this man.