[NEW] Lupe Fiasco-Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Glad him and Pete Rock squashed it.

As far as Lupe's anti-America/government (or whatever) material....I'll give an example of why it's kinda retarded. In an interview he was criticizing Obama for some random shyt....it's like homie, you can't even control your own career. You more or less admitted you are a slave to your label, and they control what songs you drop. Focus on that type of shyt before you try to give advice to other people, especially the president.

Fred.

get off obamas dikk. you wouldnt be saying that if he directed it towards bush

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Lupe's political shyt. I dont even call it anti-american, its just anti-destruction and anti-war. There's a lot of fukked up shyt going on in this country and a credible rapper speaking on it is something thats needed.

Now some of his direct critiques of obama I dont agree with but a lot of what he says has merit.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
get off obamas dikk. you wouldnt be saying that if he directed it towards bush

I don't give a fukk about Obama you clown. You'd have to be incredibly stupid to not understand why someone that has no control over his petty ass rap career probably shouldn't be giving advice to the President of the United States. It would be like a fry cook at McDonald's trying to school a Fortune 500 CEO.

It's not rocket science. Get off Lupe's dikk and actually think about what I'm saying.

Fred.

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
Some of you just don't get it.

Pete Rock sampling a record to make "TROY"....or sampling in general....ain't the same as this. Why? Because before the internet you had to actually go find samples, and someone like Pete Rock would go dig in dusty ass record stores for hours, just to find a 4-8 second loop. Which he'd then have to manually chop up, process, etc.

And nowadays people take shyt like Itunes, Wikipedia, or Sample Data Base for granted, but most of the time back in the day, you wouldn't know what was sampled. Why? Because they spent hours, days, weeks, looking for samples.

So for a producer in 2012 to just say "I'm gonna jack TROY"...."TROY" didn't exist before Pete Rock created it. The original song existed, but he discovered that sample. At the very least it's lazy as fukk, to an old school producer like Pete Rock, it's disrespectful.

Fred.

I hear you, but the same can be said for musicians, who in those years didnt have the luxury of just finding a record to loop, they had to actually learn how to play instruments and master that craft, and then compose music from scratch, so on and so forth. Pete Rock just sounds silly, dude should just be happy that the record TROY is still relevant today. :jawalrus:

Ronald

Daps
Lupe's weed carrier, Bishop G was on KTT talmbout

Illmatic being wack

how Lasers is better than The Cool

and that TROY is a garbage song

Lucy stays losing