[NEW] Lupe Fiasco-Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Not liking as much as I thought I would...I'll see if it grows on me

I kinda feel where pete is coming from...but it's kinda funny/ironic that a hip hop producer would be so pissed with them sampling one of their songs

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
It's aight but a song like Troy should be left alone

/Thread

1. Why remake a song u know u can't match in quality? For mixtape track I'd understand, but your lead single? FAIL

2. I also feel like this is a desperate attempt to get heads back on his side after going that europop route.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Im just glad old Lu is back. This is good but obviously will never be as good as TROY.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

I kinda feel where pete is coming from...but it's kinda funny/ironic that a hip hop producer would be so pissed with them sampling one of their songs

Pete Rock is that dude. Lupe is that dudue.......but EXACTLY, how someone that samples a song to CREATE A SONG get upset when someone uses his work and and samples it......

:yeshrug: :beli:

Overall,, the song is kinda flat really...its just the the TROY production is so lively.....but I agree, I hope the album has this feel though....

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps

Re-purposing a sound another artists created into something completely different, with it's own musical qualities (tempo,melody,whatever) isn't comparable to this...this is lupe rapping over t.r.o.y.

I see what you're saying but I don't think they're similar enough to warrant irony

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock
No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made

Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one!

It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?

Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fukking day!!!! Smh

Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate

This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to

So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like I'm truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da shyt outta y'all

U guys have been violated with no Vaseline. So fukked up this business smmfh!!! And I don't care who got something to say about it, kiss my

I'm not flattered @ all. Dat shyt is wack, and the producer should be ashamed of his fukkin self. Smh

That record is dear to me yo fukk deez nikkas!!!!

I'm still Dat nikka out here believe it or don't. Ur ignorance not mine, lame duck bullshyt.

I think lupe is a great artist, I'm that angry with him but it's a major label idea. I can feel it.

Twitter

:krs:

says the guy that built his whole sound/career on sampling music from the 60s and 70s :rudy:

the hypocrisy is crippling :snoop:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made

Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one!

It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?

Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fukking day!!!! Smh

Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate

This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to

So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like I'm truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da shyt outta y'all

U guys have been violated with no Vaseline. So fukked up this business smmfh!!! And I don't care who got something to say about it, kiss my

I'm not flattered @ all. Dat shyt is wack, and the producer should be ashamed of his fukkin self. Smh

That record is dear to me yo fukk deez nikkas!!!!

I'm still Dat nikka out here believe it or don't. Ur ignorance not mine, lame duck bullshyt.

I think lupe is a great artist, I'm that angry with him but it's a major label idea. I can feel it.

Twitter

:krs:
:rudy: Now i see why the goat nas dont fukk with this nikka fake ass outrage.

On another note glad to see lupe back to rap.