NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Verizon so relaunch go90 with nba league pass lol

but on some real shyt. Verizon had the free league pass through go90. shyt was beautiful and that was during a time verizon didn’t have unlimited data. When streamed through go90 it didn’t count towards your plan. So I was binging on nba like a fat kid at a buffet

2legit

Superstar
Daps
If Zaslav had the foresight to block Amazon this whole time..... :ohhh: Bald headed fakkit is gonna be pissed.
Amazon got deeper pockets than him. Jeff Bezos is a sleeping Giant. It's not in his best interest for him to let Amazon humiliate his company the same way Comcast did because Amazon can extort him at a higher rate.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Amazon got deeper pockets than him. Jeff Bezos is a sleeping Giant. It's not in his best interest for him to let Amazon humiliate his company the same way Comcast did because Amazon can extort him at a higher rate.
Yea but I don’t think that’s relevant in this case.

If I’m not mistaken, think of it like a restricted free agent in the NBA.

He (NBA) signs an offer sheet with another team (Amazon), but the player’s original team matches (TNT). End of story.

That really would be the cherry on top for the league. ABC and NBC getting the top packages, while also keeping TNT in the fold?
:win:

2legit

Superstar
Daps
Yea but I don’t think that’s relevant in this case.

If I’m not mistaken, think of it like a restricted free agent in the NBA.

He (NBA) signs an offer sheet with another team (Amazon), but the player’s original team matches (TNT). End of story.

That really would be the cherry on top for the league. ABC and NBC getting the top packages, while also keeping TNT in the fold?
:win:
The Restricted Free Agent analogy makes perfect sense. It happened with the Wizards (TNT) when they signed Brad Beal to a stupid ass deal. It took them a year to understand they signed a Lemon deal to a player worth half as much due to outside pressure.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The Restricted Free Agent analogy makes perfect sense. It happened with the Wizards (TNT) when they signed Brad Beal to a stupid ass deal. It took them a year to understand they signed a Lemon deal to a player worth half as much due to outside pressure.
In 2022, Brad wasn’t a RFA. That $250M deal was crazy then and crazy now

He was in 2016 and the $128M deal aged well.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

we're gonna miss this song too

:mjlol: MAN DONT NOBODY
GIVE A fukk ABOUT THAT SONG.

I LITERALLY DIDNT EVEN REMEMBER
WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE
UNTIL I HIT PLAY.

ALL THEY GOTTA DO IS PAY UP
AND THEYLL GET THE AMAZON PACKAGE
WHICH ISNT MUCH MORE
THAN WHAT THEYRE CURRENTLY PAYING.

:devil:
:evil:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

:mjlol: MAN DONT NOBODY
GIVE A fukk ABOUT THAT SONG.

I LITERALLY DIDNT EVEN REMEMBER
WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE
UNTIL I HIT PLAY.

ALL THEY GOTTA DO IS PAY UP
AND THEYLL GET THE AMAZON PACKAGE
WHICH ISNT MUCH MORE
THAN WHAT THEYRE CURRENTLY PAYING.

:devil:
:evil:

so you don't like the song. You don't like Inside the NBA. You probably hate the announcers too. What did TNT do to you?