NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
To be fair, Barkley himself admitted last week on Dan Patrick Show that the show won’t be the same without Ernie. I think that’s because of Ernie’s stature at Turner Sports (TNT Sports), the respect they have for him, and his ability to steer the ship regardless of the situation. I think Maria Taylor would be perfectly fine for example with Chuck, Shaq, and Kenny, but it would be a different show on NBC which would be a more conservative/traditional production.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
To be fair, Barkley himself admitted last week on Dan Patrick Show that the show won’t be the same without Ernie. I think that’s because of Ernie’s stature at Turner Sports (TNT Sports), the respect they have for him, and his ability to steer the ship regardless of the situation. I think Maria Taylor would be perfectly fine for example with Chuck, Shaq, and Kenny, but it would be a different show on NBC which would be a more conservative/traditional production.

THATS BEEN HIS FRIEND
AND CO WORKER FOR 25 YRS.

THEY EVEN DO A PODCAST TOGETHER.

NO ONE WOULD EXPECT HIM
TO SAY ANY DIFFERENT.

:devil:
:evil:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Agreed. Also when they work with other hosts Shaq especially can bully the hosts and take things off track. Ernie is better at steering them from veering too much off course.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

:mjlol:INSIDE THE NBA
WILL BE JUST FINE WITH
SHAQ/CHUCK/KENNY
AND ANOTHER RANDOM WHITE GUY.

SHAQ/WADE/CANDACE/LEFKOE
WERE JUST AS ENTERTAINING
ON TUESDAYS.

Just as entertaining :dead:
You are wylin
Wade was an absolute fukking bore on that desk I can't believe you brought him up

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

WHEN THEY GET THEIR NEW WHITE GUY
YOULL ALL STILL BE WATCHING

You're talking to the wrong group of people though.

If they put the NBA Finals on TruTV, we're not gonna like it but that's where we'll be. If they put it on SyFy, we'll be there, but we're the hardcore fan. This isn't even about us really (if it was Amazon wouldn't be allowed at the table).

The idea that they're replaceable is rich considering we bytch about how every other network can't get right with their pre and post game and halftime show.

Now, with these networks coming in, it's not gonna be the same anyway. Once it's off TNT, no more Eagle, no more Harlan. Not as much Breen on ESPN. They'll be replaced by guys we have to get used to and that's life.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
How they cover the NBA is how they think fans want it covered.

Not wanting gossipy hot takes to a hoops fan is like wondering why people would rather listen to Not Like Us than the new Nas & Premo record

It’s one thing to not have the content certain people want, but ABC doesn’t even pretend as if they want to cover the games. It’s like the games only exist to sell commercials. NBA needs to mandate a certain amount of time at halftime and after the game is allotted to discussion the game and not commercials.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You're talking to the wrong group of people though.

If they put the NBA Finals on TruTV, we're not gonna like it but that's where we'll be. If they put it on SyFy, we'll be there, but we're the hardcore fan. This isn't even about us really (if it was Amazon wouldn't be allowed at the table).

The idea that they're replaceable is rich considering we bytch about how every other network can't get right with their pre and post game and halftime show.

Now, with these networks coming in, it's not gonna be the same anyway. Once it's off TNT, no more Eagle, no more Harlan. Not as much Breen on ESPN. They'll be replaced by guys we have to get used to and that's life.

NOT WORRIED ABOUT ANY OF THOSE GUYS.

BREEN WAS ONLY TOLERABLE
WHEN PAIRED WITH MARK/JVG.

HE'S NOTHING SPECIAL WITH
DORIS/JJ

NBC HAS ALWAYS PRODUCED
A GREAT BROADCAST REGARDLESS
OF THE SPORT SO IM NOT
CONCERNED ABOUT WHO THEY BRING IN.

:childplease: Lefkoe sucks

THAT WAS MY POINT.

LEFKOE SUCKS AND THAT SHOW
WAS STILL FINE.

YOU CAN INSERT ANY RANDOM
WHITE GUY IN THAT ROLE
AND LET THE REAL TALENT COOK.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

NOT WORRIED ABOUT ANY OF THOSE GUYS.

BREEN WAS ONLY TOLERABLE
WHEN PAIRED WITH MARK/JVG.

HE'S NOTHING SPECIAL WITH
DORIS/JJ

NBC HAS ALWAYS PRODUCED
A GREAT BROADCAST REGARDLESS
OF THE SPORT SO IM NOT
CONCERNED ABOUT WHO THEY BRING IN.

THAT WAS MY POINT.

LEFKOE SUCKS AND THAT SHOW
WAS STILL FINE.

YOU CAN INSERT ANY RANDOM
WHITE GUY IN THAT ROLE
AND LET THE REAL TALENT COOK.

your opinion then. There's a clear downgrade from the A team.

Thing with any move to NBC is this: anyone who's rooting for this isn't expecting something improved; they just want what they used to have, which is gonna make anything they do look disappointing when they don't get Bob Costas doing the intros like Jordan's tryna save the world from ruin. It's to the point we would be less enthused about the move simply by not getting Roundball Rock. It won't even matter who the real talent is. We tolerated Tom Tolbert during the last couple of years on NBC, but we'll deal with just about anyone because we're die hards. Attempting to keep some form of Inside of NBA is for casuals.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
your opinion then. There's a clear downgrade from the A team.

Thing with any move to NBC is this: anyone who's rooting for this isn't expecting something improved; they just want what they used to have, which is gonna make anything they do look disappointing when they don't get Bob Costas doing the intros like Jordan's tryna save the world from ruin. It's to the point we would be less enthused about the move simply by not getting Roundball Rock. It won't even matter who the real talent is. We tolerated Tom Tolbert during the last couple of years on NBC, but we'll deal with just about anyone because we're die hards. Attempting to keep some form of Inside of NBA is for casuals.

ALL WB HAS TO DO IS MATCH AMAZON.

DONT WORRY ABOUT US NBC BOYS

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
It’s more of how unstable WBD is as a company and how the cable bundle eroding than Inside the NBA imo. Silver is more comfortable and confident in Comcast to be a viable media company (with NBC and Peacock) than WBD (with TNT). WBD might be sold and merged again in the future (possibly to Comcast)

Yea the bet here is 10 years from now Peacock will still be up & running where as the forecast for MAX doesn't seem as sunny

2legit

Superstar
Daps
We all owe Adam Silver an apology. We kept thinking he was "soft" but this whole time he was playing the game. He literally got TNT/Warner Bros held up at Gunpoint right now. He controls the whole fate of a Multi-Billion Dollar company. Silver is getting the last laugh with his low key gangsta tactics. CEO of TNT shoulda kept his mouth shut when he said that TNT didn't need the NBA.