NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Nice, making the games even more less visible

Woat commissioner

The NFL put a playoff game on Peacock and made you pay for it begrudgingly because they know you can't live without it.

Once that happened, these networks along with their streaming services will do anything to drag us all into that.

Even if our quest for everything to be like the 90s again, they're not gonna present it that way anymore.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
if they can't demand this of their own network, they can't reasonably expect that from other network partners and they can't do that because the NBA deep down thinks the coverage is done how you'd prefer it.
This is true - deep down they think their audience is immature and stupid.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This is true - deep down they think their audience is immature and stupid.
For the nba it makes perfect sense. Their viewership and fan base overwhelmingly supports streaming over cable.

That’s why Adam had to get a streamer site first. It’s either Amazon or Netflix

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Yeah I hate Disney's NBA presentation like the next man but cats gotta keep that same energy with Turner too. Those guys be on Inside bragging about not watching games, but because they create "fukkery" and "funny moments" it's accepted. Shaq didn't even know Pascal Siakam's first name, like what are we doing here? But this seems to be what the audience wants so it'll never change.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Yeah I hate Disney's NBA presentation like the next man but cats gotta keep that same energy with Turner too. Those guys be on Inside bragging about not watching games, but because they create "fukkery" and "funny moments" it's accepted. Shaq didn't even know Pascal Siakam's first name, like what are we doing here? But this seems to be what the audience wants so it'll never change.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for this shyt if I can watch some fukking games, I have fukking league pass, ESPN+, Max w/ TNT and I still can't fukking watch Pacer games or anything on ESPN without a fukking cable subscription :francis: shyt has been pissing me off, I still have to stream games illegally just as often

Edit: and fukk bally sports they can suck my dikk

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense I guess. Max+ or whatever it’s called is barely a service at this point.

Amazon will definitely still be around at the end of this deal.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

ESPN NBA coverage outside of actual games are terrible. The commentators used to be good with Jeff and Marc and they added to the game. Now it's like nails on a chalkboard with Doris. Their pre-game and post-game show even worse. It's like whoever made the decision to assemble the talent don't watch the show or hates entertaining content.

It's crazy because NBA on TNT is probably the best presentation in all of sports. Even the crew on NBA TV is better than ESPN.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Was hoping Youtube would pay for streaming rights. :stopitslime:

If TNT loses broadcast rights to NBC. :wow: Going to be very interesting. I assume NBC would probably hire TNT's Inside the NBA cast.

Last edited:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I guess since I just like the Griz and not a fan of the whole league, what is supposed to be so different in one network over the other? I thought we were just hoping they get the maximum money from whoever so the players get paid more