NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm fine with apple and NBC getting in the NBA business. apple has the best picture quality of all the streaming services and the NBC has a great history with the NBA from the 90's.

I DON'T want amazon to get it because I HATE watching sports in the prime app. I cannot flip channels like I currently do on YTTV. plus amazon doesn't offer multiview like apple/ESPN/TNT
:mjlol: You’re one technologically savvy geriatric son of a bytch.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
For all of us who want the NBA back on NBC, its 100% nostalgia, however, it is time for a change in the presentation, cause ESPN's coverage of the NBA is terrible. Silver does need to require better in the next deal. (NBA was on NBC from 1990-2002)

When NHL games are on, they get a good 10 minutes of actual discussion in the studio between periods. No reason why the NBA doesnt have that.

I would love to have games back on NBC, but NBC has heavy golf coverage on Sunday afternoons (partnership with Golf channel), so that will play a part. Unless they could carve out a Sunday night Basketball package ( to mirror Sunday night Football)

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
It sucks, the NBA on NBC games felt like genuine events and I don't think it's just nostalgia talking.
For all of us who want the NBA back on NBC, its 100% nostalgia

It's nostalgia in terms of wanting the "NBA on NBC," but it's not nostalgia when it comes to the NBC broadcast and the gravitas that lends to a sporting event. When an NFL game is on NBC, you know it's a big game. The presentation is the best in the business. The camera work and quality is the best. The music is the best, thanks in large part to the theme by John Williams. There's a reason why Amazon has NBC produce their games for Thursday Night Football.

This gravitas was also there with hockey. I don't watch hockey but even I could tell that NHL games on NBC were big games. The orchestral musical score combined with the urgency of the commentary really built great hype even for regular season games, which is not what ESPN is providing for NBA games.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It's nostalgia in terms of wanting the "NBA on NBC," but it's not nostalgia when it comes to the NBC broadcast and the gravitas that lends to a sporting event. When an NFL game is on NBC, you know it's a big game. The presentation is the best in the business. The camera work and quality is the best. The music is the best, thanks in large part to the theme by John Williams. There's a reason why Amazon has NBC produce their games for Thursday Night Football.

This gravitas was also there with hockey. I don't watch hockey but even I could tell that NHL games on NBC were big games. The orchestral musical score combined with the urgency of the commentary really built great hype even for regular season games, which is not what ESPN is providing for NBA games.

:wow:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I don’t see why it’s either NBC or TNT

Why wouldn’t Adam Silver want 3 deals? And then another with a streamer?

That’s more money for the league
The money being offered probably hinges on getting more product. I cant imagine Silver intentionally shorting the league from revenue if he thought more broadcasting partners meant a healthier bottom line.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The NBA needs to exert some level of quality and control over Disney if they're getting the main package again. Their coverage is embarrassing and quite frankly, unprofessional.
if they can't demand this of their own network, they can't reasonably expect that from other network partners and they can't do that because the NBA deep down thinks the coverage is done how you'd prefer it.