NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
counter point: no network would air those games at this time during the week.
Not sure about this. Live sports is how traditional networks make their ad money these days. It used to be tv's shows but these days everyone's favorite shows are on streaming platforms commercial free. That's why these sports leagues are getting richer and richer with each new contract. I could see ABC or NBC squeezing a couple of NBA playoff games in primetime during the week.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The NBA needs to work with the networks on these tip off times

Charles Barkley was speaking for me last night when he went off on that 10:30 tip of the Denver game

These times are fukked up people gotta go to work..

Kids have to go to school

There was no reason to tip that game off yesterday at 10:30

I don’t care about time zones and all that there needs to be a compromise

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ABC used to air postseason games during the week
I believe they did that for round two. Same with NBC. The biggest problem is hoe ass ABC tries to drive viewership to ESPN so they will only put a couple of games on ABC on Saturday/Sunday and and drive the rest of the viewership to ESPN.

Where as when NBC had the NBA they had no problem putting a triple header on Saturday and Sunday without having to change a channel.

Also when TNT exclusively had the NBA they would have first round NBA games on at the same time on TNT and TBS.

NBC was far better at promoting the sport and showing constant commercial for the upcoming games during the playoffs. ESPN doesn't do that really and especially don't do it on ABC for the upcoming NBA playoff games that are airing on the ABC channel.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not sure about this. Live sports is how traditional networks make their ad money these days. It used to be tv's shows but these days everyone's favorite shows are on streaming platforms commercial free. That's why these sports leagues are getting richer and richer with each new contract. I could see ABC or NBC squeezing a couple of NBA playoff games in primetime during the week.
The network shows that do well aren't getting pushed over by a playoff game until their seasons are over because those shows bring in the advertisers. That's why playoff games either pop up only on the weekend when there aren't shows on or when they're showing re-runs. For example, NBC wouldn't be airing shyt on a Wednesday or Thursday because that's dikk Wolf's territory.

At best, what you're seeing on ABC is that most of their shows end in 2 weeks so there's room to air other stuff if need be. (Abbott Elementary ends on Wednesday) but on Network TV, most shows wait til mid-May to wrap up and it's been that way even when Jordan ran the world.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I believe they did that for round two. Same with NBC. The biggest problem is hoe ass ABC tries to drive viewership to ESPN so they will only put a couple of games on ABC on Saturday/Sunday and and drive the rest of the viewership to ESPN.

Where as when NBC had the NBA they had no problem putting a triple header on Saturday and Sunday without having to change a channel.

Also when TNT exclusively had the NBA they would have first round NBA games on at the same time on TNT and TBS.

NBC was far better at promoting the sport and showing constant commercial for the upcoming games during the playoffs. ESPN doesn't do that really and especially don't do it on ABC for the upcoming NBA playoff games that are airing on the ABC channel.
Yes!

When it was just TNT they would have some games on TBS

fukkin ESPN/ABC with their bullshyt :pacspit:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

IDK if NBC did a better job promoting the game as much as there was no competition.