NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Man fr.

This morning I went into my PayPal to cancel it because I never use it …saw that it was 7.99 a month and kept it rockin .. :mjlol: forgot all about the nba shyt

Peacock 7. 99 and everyone on earth got Prime ..this ain’t a big deal
It’s less about the price and more about having to buy something you didn’t need before on top of other shyt you wouldn’t have if not for the NBA.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You needed "a way to acces" TNT/ESPN already in their package so what are you saying? More people alrwsy have prime than they do ESPN and TNT combined lmao

The league now has games on 7 days a week which they didn't have before which means more content offering for the audience and they're also including NBC which doesn't require cable fees ....none of the shyt you're saying has any accuracy :russ:
don't work for me. forces you to be stuck using an app intead of flicking channels. Smae reason I don't watch Football on Prime

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That was a test to see how well it would do and it it had over 22mil viewers, so it's safe to assume that they'll eventually have more in the future.

I agree it was a test but that's trash compared to what their regular playoff games do. It shows that nobody is on Peacock. Also, it's a question of whether or not that number is even real because nobody can verify it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It’s less about the price and more about having to buy something you didn’t need before on top of other shyt you wouldn’t have if not for the NBA.

These people still don't understand that Peacock's reach is miniscule compared to even Max.. nevermind Netflix...

What's going to happen is people are going to continue to cut cords and are going to continue to slash the amount of streamers they pay for...

In a way, Zaslav is still going to make out on all of this. He's ridding debt and eventually will merge WBD with another media company. His payout will be insane.

All of the people who think Zaslav is going to "lose".. would love to be in his shoes :mjlol:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
NBA fans are getting 5x the over the air broadcast games they did in the old deal...it's a silly ass point to talk about tbh...we're getting wayyyy more nba content on antenna TV now... Peacock is getting games that weren't even being nationally serviced previously.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
NBA fans are getting 5x the over the air broadcast games they did in the old deal...it's a silly ass point to talk about tbh...we're getting wayyyy more nba content on antenna TV now... Peacock is getting games that weren't even being nationally serviced previously.
if Peacock is treating those games like they're national games, then even if you're local, you'll need Peacock. I'm only going by how Peacock handled MLB. The one game a week they had was an exclusive, so even if your local teams were playing you couldn't watch it locally. I'm interested in seeing how the new streaming services affect a fan's ability to watch them locally.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
if Peacock is treating those games like they're national games, then even if you're local, you'll need Peacock. I'm only going by how Peacock handled MLB. The one game a week they had was an exclusive, so even if your local teams were playing you couldn't watch it locally. I'm interested in seeing how the new streaming services affect a fan's ability to watch them locally.
And in exchange for that single game you get 5x the over the air broadcast games you did in the old deal :mjlol: like I said it's just a silly ass point to go on about.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Before making its official announcement, the NBA sent TNT its reasons for rejecting the broadcasters’ matching proposal, according to sources briefed on the interactions between the league and the network. The NBA told TNT Sports it was rejecting its offer for three main reasons.

First, TNT wanted to put all of its games on its cable network and its streaming service, Max, whereas Amazon is just a streaming service. Second, the NBA believes Amazon’s reach is greater. Third, Amazon offered to pay in full its first three years, while Warner Bros. Discovery, which is in debt, provided a three-year line of credi
t.
I can’t call it legally WBD could challenge but without seeing the legalese of the contract this could go anyway.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Your local team isn't going to be on Peacock 82 times a year bruh :mjlol:
no, but the fact that they'd be on it for any amount of exclusive games means it's less games you can watch locally. It's basically another blackout (which is crazy considering a couple of teams were off cable entirely and were gonna air all their games over the air locally). That's gonna bother people, especially when the local markets charge an arm and a leg for their subscription services. If your team gets 10 games over the course of the season on Peacock /Amazon, they're likely not gonna be simulcast on your RSN. In essence, it's telling that fan their bill went up $20 a month.

If they wind up following the MLB model, it's gonna drive people nuts. I've accepted that it's just gonna be that way and it'll only get worse, but soon enough it's gonna be where if you don't have a smart TV with all the paid subscriptions, you don't have a TV at all.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBC is rolling the dice on themselves and the Cock :dame: and it’s paying off. NBA is finally back on NBC.

Olympics coming next week everyone will be watching. You already know they are going to promo the hell out of this NBA deal during the USA Basketball games.
Hard to believe they will spend too much time and money during the olympics to promote some regular season games over a year away honestly.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
no, but the fact that they'd be on it for any amount of exclusive games means it's less games you can watch locally. It's basically another blackout (which is crazy considering a couple of teams were off cable entirely and were gonna air all their games over the air locally). That's gonna bother people, especially when the local markets charge an arm and a leg for their subscription services. If your team gets 10 games over the course of the season on Peacock /Amazon, they're likely not gonna be simulcast on your RSN. In essence, it's telling that fan their bill went up $20 a month.
Again your local team isn't going to be getting peacock blackouts 82 games a season and in exchange for that you get 5X the amount of essentially free basketball.. People are going to appreciate that... You're argument hinges on 10 out of 82 while ignoring the benefits of the deal it's silly