NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Who’s this fan that watches all 82 games of their team each season.

raise-hand-right.gif

Watched all 82 games (72 in '12, '20 & '21) and playoffs every year since the 99-00 season. We may be rare. But there are some of us who care about our team and watch all their games. :ufdup:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Like it or not, these streaming services are the future and linear tv is a dying product. Unless you are part of the fantastic 4 (ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC), you don't have much a leg to stand on. Even Disney is paying a grip for live tv events even when they are in debt just to keep BSPN relevant. There is noting much on TNT beside the NBA and some hockey coverage. From a business standpoint, it made sense to move into the future with Amazon than to stay with TNT, even if they matched. Inside the NBA had it time, now let some young and upcomers make sometime for new for the next generation :yeshrug: .

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Good....TNT had its chance and tried to play too cool for school about the rights to the league...

NBA simply said alright bruh and went to a partner that was legitimately interested in getting a deal done

Also Barkley and them other fools were terrible ambassadors for the game.......let them fools go complain bout something else

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is what they should do tbh, take the Joe Buck and Troy Aikman path and bring the entire team over because their shows and personalities aren't cutting it and show no signs of getting better.
I think the bigger problem is bringing Ernie along. Amazon has deep enough pockets where they can cut Chuck a check but Ernie probably feels a debt of loyalty to Turner. He just took a leave of absence from Turner's MLB coverage and he's 67, who knows how many years he's got left doing this as well?

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
As a fan I hate this deal
I’m not gonna concern myself with the money aspect. But since that’s all the league cares about I’m not even going to waste anymore of my time talking about this

As a fan you should love this deal.

Not only do you get games throughout the entire week you get to watch games on network TV(NBC, ABC) 3 days out of the week. For the first time in 22+ years we will get to watch the All Star game on Network tv(NBC).

This is a huge win for the league.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I think the bigger problem is bringing Ernie along. Amazon has deep enough pockets where they can cut Chuck a check but Ernie probably feels a debt of loyalty to Turner. He just took a leave of absence from Turner's MLB coverage and he's 67, who knows how many years he's got left doing this as well?
shyt, bring on Adam Lefkoe with them instead of Ernie then. he's a solid host and i imagine he'll be moving on since TNT is losing the NBA.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
raise-hand-right.gif

Watched all 82 games (72 in '12, '20 & '21) and playoffs every year since the 99-00 season. We may be rare. But there are some of us who care about our team and watch all their games. :ufdup:

I used to watch 80 games a year of the grizzlies when I got my first apartment (bobcats games was for time warner customers only)

They won 22 games in back to back seasons. Job changed and I started working 3rd shift became a casual. Never going back to hardcore even though I can now