NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
You can still have “inside the nba” show. You don’t need to have it following a basketball game. Start it at 1030 eastern. People are gonna tune in immediately following a game
They won't have access to the highlight package and I doubt Silver would let them have it because Amazon will probably want to build up their own pre and post game show.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Brehs do we know what networks the all-star game, conference finals, & NBA finals will air on in this new deal?

Here are some details of the new agreement:

• NBA Finals games will remain on ABC. ABC/ESPN will also air one of the two conference finals series in 10 of the 11 years in the deal. Christmas Day games as well as marquee Saturday and Sunday games in the regular season will remain on ABC/ESPN. ABC/ESPN will air approximately 18 games in the first two rounds of the postseason each year.
  • NBC will air one of the conference finals series in six of the 11 years of the deal. NBC is also getting coverage of the All-Star Game, NBA All-Star Saturday night, opening night and Sunday night primetime games. NBC and/or Peacock will air approximately 28 games in the first two rounds of the playoffs each season, and half or more of those games will be broadcast on NBC.
  • Amazon will air one of the conference finals series in six of the 11 years of the deal. Amazon's Prime Video is set to stream NBA Cup games as well as Play-In Tournament games. Prime Video will stream approximately one-third of the first and second postseason rounds each year.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
No disrespect ya nikkas sounding hella broke and old right now. The peacock shyt is 8 dollars a month. That’s less than a Crunchyroll subscription like what are we doing here man?
Man fr.

This morning I went into my PayPal to cancel it because I never use it …saw that it was 7.99 a month and kept it rockin .. :mjlol: forgot all about the nba shyt

Peacock 7. 99 and everyone on earth got Prime ..this ain’t a big deal

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well Peacock hit me up saying there is a price increase starting in August :pachaha: But the cool thing about Peacock is they always have promo deals. Peacock isn't that bad it was terrible at first, but they stepped it up

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before making its official announcement, the NBA sent TNT its reasons for rejecting the broadcasters’ matching proposal, according to sources briefed on the interactions between the league and the network. The NBA told TNT Sports it was rejecting its offer for three main reasons.

First, TNT wanted to put all of its games on its cable network and its streaming service, Max, whereas Amazon is just a streaming service. Second, the NBA believes Amazon’s reach is greater. Third, Amazon offered to pay in full its first three years, while Warner Bros. Discovery, which is in debt, provided a three-year line of credi
t.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I barely watch the NBA these days. The product is garbage. Inside the NBA and the TNT crews kept me watching some games.

I'll probably be more of a casual fan if that after they're gone
Good the league and the convoys around it needs less of you miserable nikkas lurking around...Hopefully you pack it up right along with barkley :russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Need peacock & prime this isn't good for consumers, it's more costly for consumer. Not to mention you still need a way to access disney/espn. So basically nba just did what the nfl did sold it's packages to the highest bidders while forcing their consumers into multiple different services. This is anti consumer when you also consider Amazon keeps upping their prices
You needed "a way to acces" TNT/ESPN already in their package so what are you saying? More people alrwsy have prime than they do ESPN and TNT combined lmao

The league now has games on 7 days a week which they didn't have before which means more content offering for the audience and they're also including NBC which doesn't require cable fees ....none of the shyt you're saying has any accuracy :russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I was able to watch every game I wanted to before and I'll be able to do the same going forward. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like there will be even more games on broadcast television than before?
These nikkas just want to be victims in here they don't even know what they mad at :mjlol:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
People celebrating getting basic mid to terrible corporate nba coverage over this :unimpressed:

There there c00n lover.... You still got a whole series worth of his c00n babble you can listen to and relieve the good times on the "steamroom podcast"

:russ:

Daps
That released statement is so Zaslav and Discovery. fukking dumb ass, uncouth clowns :mjlol: Rest in piss.

Feel bad though for the very talented people whose careers will be affected by this fumble by leadership. Hope they get outta there soon