NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
THIS.

People keep shytting on WBD for being in debt while ignore the Mouse troubles. That actually helps WBD to be honest :yeshrug:
Not gonna lie, the money they spent to be sole owners of Hulu while having Disney+, getting Lucasfilm and gutting up Fox, just to get the Fantastic Four and X-Men film rights never made sense. I get the F4 and X-Men, but spending a lot of money to gut a company up is crazy.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
The biggest complaint for games being on all of these different services is: having the games on apps is restricting.

For example, if I want to watch the NBA game on Peacock, or Max, I have to log into that app, so it takes away the ease of changing the channel to another game during a timeout or a blowout. Or if I wanted to flip between the Peacock game, and a college game on ESPN or something. Or if I have League Pass, I cant flip back to the Max game cause its only available there.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The NFL bosses wanted a big number too, but they established TNF internally before involving Amazon and didn't cross their existing stable partners for that deal. The same with YouTube and NFL ticket. The Netflix deal is the Christmas games.....and if I were a betting man I'd say that's where Red Zone will end up eventually. It happened with baby steps and I can see what they're doing by funding the flag football championships both men and women in a ton of countries.

It's something the NBA would've had to do eventually, but going scorched earth like this seems like it'll be a net negative in the end especially since Warner seems cool with playing dirty pool to keep it.

exactly.

funny how they made sure they didn't include matching rights for the next go round. :pachaha:

won't make this mistake again. :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The biggest complaint for games being on all of these different services is: having the games on apps is restricting.

For example, if I want to watch the NBA game on Peacock, or Max, I have to log into that app, so it takes away the ease of changing the channel to another game during a timeout or a blowout. Or if I wanted to flip between the Peacock game, and a college game on ESPN or something. Or if I have League Pass, I cant flip back to the Max game cause its only available there.

and that's the big problem with streaming for older people. The remote for cable just makes things so much easier than flipping through apps, logging in.

But that's where TV is going now. When it was just Netflix that was awesome, now there's a million apps and you don't always know which apps shows what. I pay for Apple+ and I wish I didn't because aside from MLS Pass which I get for free and the Friday MLB games, I never care to use or even browse whatever else is on it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are people really worried about watching EVERY game?
Im fine catching the 2 on nbc the one on espn the one on prime or whatever? Who really watches a game more then 3 or 4 times a week.
I can miss the rest on peacock and what not.
Plus we know if there is something on and people dont have it they watch it anyway..

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

This is exactly why I hate watching sports on streaming services. As you stated, you can’t flip back and forth. On my tv I have to change the input to the Roku if I want to watch a streaming service. In the past if a game was mediocre I would keep it on that channel and then flip around to see what else is available. Now though, if a game is mediocre and it’s on a streaming service I won’t watch it at all.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Are people really worried about watching EVERY game?
Im fine catching the 2 on nbc the one on espn the one on prime or whatever? Who really watches a game more then 3 or 4 times a week.
I can miss the rest on peacock and what not.
Plus we know if there is something on and people dont have it they watch it anyway..
How are you going to win daily repetitive Coliseum arguments if you don't watch every game of the season? Casual

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I got peacock so my mom can watch her shows.

I got prime video at a discount due to having prime

But really don't need them. I have iptv which I have the option to watch all game's no blackouts.

Y'all boys crying over some bullshyt
Yeah I'm about to jump on that IPTV for sports

:ohlawd:

Can't believe I waited this long

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The average person isn't going to do it. I have Max, Peacock and Prime. It doesn't matter where the games are for me but the average person doesn't subscribe to 5-6 streaming services...
I have Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+(Hulu), Max, YoutubeTV and during the NBA season, League Pass. And looking at this, I'd still miss games, because I don't have Peacock

:smh:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
IMG-0923.jpg
Also this whole notion of people needing to have 6 or 7 or however many streaming apps to watch the NBA sounds hilarious when 5 of the 7 nights the NBA is on TV will be accessible to anyone who had cable last year...getting NBC back in the mix is huge for the league

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I have Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+(Hulu), Max, YoutubeTV and during the NBA season, League Pass. And looking at this, I'd still miss games, because I don't have Peacock

:smh:
Just tell your girl to get peacock my boy.