NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
IMG-2776.jpg
IMG-2775.jpg

This is in the millions ….72 million TNT subscribers vs 200 million even if you add in Max viewers which likely have some overlap with TNT viewers the access to NBA content is increasing not decreasing.

Good luck with them sob story videos begging to keep Barkely tho
:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It’s 2024. The average person has 5-6 streaming services

Depends on who you ask. In this study, it showed that the average American is subscribed to 2.9 streaming services and pays roughly $46/month on streaming. The study also showed that in the past year 45% of consumers have canceled at least one streamer due to "rising costs".

I think the amount of streamers people will subscribe to has already hit it's peak and now it's starting to go the other way, where people will likely keep Netflix and maybe 1 or 2 others at most and bush everything else.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
yea, yall really overestimating the amount of ppl who have 5-6 streaming services. shyt not spread like that. And as far as some of these sports goes a lot of the viewers would be older and they definitely dont have 5-6 apps. So yea NBA(and other sports) putting stuff on streaming exclusively sucks for most fans.

Also please dont come to me with "but prime video got 200M subs" That's due to ppl having prime, not because they fukk with prime video. Prime shyt heavily fukks the numbers. I would be curious how many users actually open prime video in a month.

I just find streams for most my sports shyt if it isnt on YoutubeTV :yeshrug:

calh45

Cal
Daps
I imagine that’s the numbers his bosses wanted. Especially if they plan on expanding under the new contract.

The NFL bosses wanted a big number too, but they established TNF internally before involving Amazon and didn't cross their existing stable partners for that deal. The same with YouTube and NFL ticket. The Netflix deal is the Christmas games.....and if I were a betting man I'd say that's where Red Zone will end up eventually. It happened with baby steps and I can see what they're doing by funding the flag football championships both men and women in a ton of countries.

It's something the NBA would've had to do eventually, but going scorched earth like this seems like it'll be a net negative in the end especially since Warner seems cool with playing dirty pool to keep it.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
yea, yall really overestimating the amount of ppl who have 5-6 streaming services. shyt not spread like that. And as far as some of these sports goes a lot of the viewers would be older and they definitely dont have 5-6 apps. So yea NBA(and other sports) putting stuff on streaming exclusively sucks for most fans.

Also please dont come to me with "but prime video got 200M subs" That's due to ppl having prime, not because they fukk with prime video. Prime shyt heavily fukks the numbers. I would be curious how many users actually open prime video in a month.

I just find streams for most my sports shyt if it isnt on YoutubeTV :yeshrug:
Just like people have TNT because it comes with cable packages not because they fukk with the NBA?

And they still have to pay for that like any other subscription service lol like what do you nikkas be in here talking about

Either way Amazon has a larger reach

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Just like people have TNT because it comes with cable packages not because they fukk with the NBA?

And they still have to pay for that like any other subscription service lol like what do you nikkas be in here talking about

Either way Amazon has a larger reach
the price Warners charges the cable company is due to the basketball contract, without it, its overvalued. That why Fubo and Warner fell out and Warner pulled ALL they networks, Discovery, TNT, Animal Planet, Tru TV, TBS, OWN, Food Network, HGTV, TLC, everything

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The NFL bosses wanted a big number too, but they established TNF internally before involving Amazon and didn't cross their existing stable partners for that deal. The same with YouTube and NFL ticket. The Netflix deal is the Christmas games.....and if I were a betting man I'd say that's where Red Zone will end up eventually. It happened with baby steps and I can see what they're doing by funding the flag football championships both men and women in a ton of countries.

It's something the NBA would've had to do eventually, but going scorched earth like this seems like it'll be a net negative in the end especially since Warner seems cool with playing dirty pool to keep it.

NFL is doing business with 60 percent of FAANG. Smart on them.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
the price Warners charges the cable company is due to the basketball contract, without it, its overvalued. That why Fubo and Warner fell out and Warner pulled ALL they networks, Discovery, TNT, Animal Planet, Tru TV, TBS, OWN, Food Network, HGTV, TLC, everything
And without that price tag they wouldn't have NBA product to serve viewers....welcome to capitolism :mjlol:

Again either way the customer is paying ....all of this nonsense about customers being forced to pay streaming services as if TNT is free is just the latest coping mechanism Barkley Stan's have had to reduce themselves to