NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Will this package increase the number of blackouts on League Pass?

:francis:

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
They tried to slide that in like no one was paying attention.

:russ:

I still maintain my stance that Silver stretched this all too thin chasing a number instead of the best deal for the fan growth/league health.
I imagine that’s the numbers his bosses wanted. Especially if they plan on expanding under the new contract.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i can't believe people actually care what channel a game is showed on

lol

why would i care if its tnt or anything else
Uhhh cause in this instance, it's not channels you'll have to flip to, it's streaming apps that you'll have to subscribe to and load up as well.

I have Prime Video, so that's not a concern, but I don't have Peacock and I really don't want to get it being a League Pass subscriber as well.

If someone doesn't have Prime Video AND Peacock, they won't be watching those games that were on TNT/NBATV previously.

Last edited:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Uhhh cause in this instance, it's not channels you'll have to flip to, it's streaming apps that you'll have to subscribe to and load up as well.

I have Prime Video, so that's not a concern, but I don't have Peacock and I really don't want to get it being a League Pass subscriber as well.

If someone doesn't have Prime Video AND Peacock, they won't be watching those games that were on TNT/NBATV previously.

I underestimate the amount of casual hardcore fans, if a regular season game is on a channel you don't have it probably ain't worth watching.