NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
John Ourand predicts the next NBA TV deal will with ESPN/ABC, TNT/Max, and NBC/Peacock:

ESPN, Turner exclusive NBA window lapses​

For the first time in nearly a quarter century, the NBA’s media rights will hit the open market, and the league will find a ton of interest from traditional media companies like Fox and NBC, and digital players like Apple and Amazon. ESPN and Warner Bros. Discovery Sports’ exclusive window runs to the end of the year, which means the NBA will have to wait until 2024 to get a deal done. At that point, ESPN will remain the NBA’s primary partner, with NBC/Peacock and TNT/HBO Maxsharing two other packages. Look, also, for the NBA to court younger fans with a short-form digital or social media deal where, say, YouTube gets close-to-live highlight rights and the rights to sell the fourth quarter of games on a pay-per-view basis.

@FAH1223 this sounds plausible, I do think NBA wants a second OTA partner. So I can see NBC winning out over an Amazon or Apple if NBC portion includes NBA Finals

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
John Ourand predicts the next NBA TV deal will with ESPN/ABC, TNT/Max, and NBC/Peacock:

@FAH1223 this sounds plausible, I do think NBA wants a second OTA partner. So I can see NBC winning out over an Amazon or Apple if NBC portion includes NBA Finals

NBA byke on NBC :ehh:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Yeah with Adam Silver hinting at more broadcast television, I could see that. How much is Comcast NBC gonna pay though? I feel like they're broke.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That screams HBO Max, ESPN+ to me.
I think it would be Disney/ESPN who would buy it. The NBA tries to be a family friendly sports product. The NBA brand fits what the Disney brand is about and if they absorbed NBA League Pass and made it part of Disney/ESPN+ Streaming option like you can only pick one team a month

shut-up-take-my-money.gif

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

Yeah with Adam Silver hinting at more broadcast television, I could see that. How much is Comcast NBC gonna pay though? I feel like they're broke.

I feel like it would be a heavy Peacock deal with some OTA games on the weekend and playoffs. So I can see that being like maybe in the 400-600 million a year range. So, that’s a steal imo if a NBC or CBS (with Paramount +) could get that. They are desperate to make their streaming service work and getting NBA games weekly would help immensely

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Last edited: