NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@K-Apps @Thavoiceofthevoiceless

I can’t imagine the NBA ending its relationship with Disney. So I think number two will come down to NBC Universal vs WBD
There’s going to be 3-4 broadcast partners. NBA won’t limit itself to two especially as they try to maximize revenue streams.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

There’s going to be 3-4 broadcast partners. NBA won’t limit itself to two especially as they try to maximize revenue streams.

The NBA kind of has a problem on their hands as ESPN and WB are making the same talking points and that's before you factor in the Bally's bankruptcy, which a lot of those NBA teams are through and not getting talked about enough.

Last edited:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

That tells me that there will be more games on ESPN+ and less on ESPN overall. I could see the Friday night games being lessened or eliminated. Same with TNT and Tuesdays. I could easily see a 3rd partner having games on those nights instead

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yeah with Adam Silver hinting at more broadcast television, I could see that. How much is Comcast NBC gonna pay though? I feel like they're broke.
:gucci:

Comcast is worth near as much as Disney :gucci: what makes you think they are broke ? Depending how you count assets, might be worth more than Disney :heh:

Interactive chart of historical net worth (market cap) for Disney (DIS) over the last 10 years. How much a company is worth is typically represented by its market capitalization, or the current stock price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding. Disney net worth as of February 15, 2023 is $199.56B.

Disney total assets: $203.63 billion

Interactive chart of historical net worth (market cap) for Comcast (CMCSA) over the last 10 years. How much a company is worth is typically represented by its market capitalization, or the current stock price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding. Comcast net worth as of February 15, 2023 is $166.2B.

Comcast total assets: $257 billion

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
NBC is throwing everything on Peacock trying to make it pop. I won’t be surprised if they win and try to send some games exclusively to Peacock. They need all the help they can get. I have it and I barely click on it lol

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
NBC is throwing everything on Peacock trying to make it pop. I won’t be surprised if they win and try to send some games exclusively to Peacock. They need all the help they can get. I have it and I barely click on it lol
I can see them trying to get them local games like Apple did with the MLS

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:gucci:

Comcast is worth near as much as Disney :gucci: what makes you think they are broke ? Depending how you count assets, might be worth more than Disney :heh:

Interactive chart of historical net worth (market cap) for Disney (DIS) over the last 10 years. How much a company is worth is typically represented by its market capitalization, or the current stock price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding. Disney net worth as of February 15, 2023 is $199.56B.

Disney total assets: $203.63 billion

Interactive chart of historical net worth (market cap) for Comcast (CMCSA) over the last 10 years. How much a company is worth is typically represented by its market capitalization, or the current stock price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding. Comcast net worth as of February 15, 2023 is $166.2B.

Comcast total assets: $257 billion

Them shutting down NBCSN, losing NHL rights without a fight, still in the RSN business but lost one in the NW.

That’s why I was saying they seem broke