NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

Finally got around to listening, Marchand makes it seem like the Turner portion will be split up into 2 or 3 games. I think both packages will be split because I think will significantly less games on linear TV on both ESPN/ABC and TNT in the next deal. I definitely think NBC is the favorite to get a 3rd package since they have both streaming and linear TV component with OTA and USA with cable. I think how split up the playoffs will be key imo, Disney will definitely want to maintain full exclusive rights to the Finals, but I don’t see that as realistic. NBC, FOX, and even WBD would pay a premium to get some of those rights. So I think a split of that is likely too. It’s gonna be interesting for sure, NBA will definitely make out well regardless.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I love how we as fans celebrate tv deals, cbas and big contracts. When the only thing that means is that they are charging us more.

It’s like Apple fans celebrating Apple increasing the iPhone to 3k :mjlol:
Americans are trained to think corporations and the wealthy winning is our win. It’s fukking stupid.

Last edited: