My Boss Just Got Fired and I got the Position...ALL UNEXPECTED (9/23/15 UPDATE: Got Another Offer)

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's people on this site that know what industry I work in..its Finance and I deal with federal grants...I can't say more.

Are you working for DOS or do you work for an organization that got awarded the grant?
One thing about DOS, they're bytchasses with protocol when it comes to grants:wow:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What if he dies and hates his kids?
There's a Board. I'm sure at the most, I'd take over his position as Executive Director ($16000/mo). The Board would approve me if they didnt appoint an existing member. However, all the board members are involved in their own separate careers since this is a non-profit. They wouldn't appoint his son and I hate this job. Assuming I got paid something around what the owner/ceo makes, I would stay.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Are you working for DOS or do you work for an organization that got awarded the grant?
One thing about DOS, they're bytchasses with protocol when it comes to grants:wow:
I'm working with an organization that was awarded by DOC actually and they're just as psychotic with protocols :wow:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
FONSWORTH SEASON HAS RETURNED!!!!
tumblr_mfpiqzDzDq1rflkf7o1_500.gif

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Take full advantage of the opportunity my brother. You're an educated brother, so it'll take time for u to adjust. Think of it as a new challenge. Go out there and slay the fukking dragon. Any ways congratulations my bro. I pry one day I will be in the same situation as you. I'm still young and working hard each day.

Congrats. :salute:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm working with an organization that was awarded by DOC actually and they're just as psychotic with protocols :wow:

So I'm assuming you got a counterpart at DOC who you have to work with. Build a good relationship with him/her. Lean on the people who worked for the guy who just got fired until you get the hang of it.

Fake it till you make it is a good motto. Remember, they picked you because they see potential:salute:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So I'm assuming you got a counterpart at DOC who you have to work with. Build a good relationship with him/her. Lean on the people who worked for the guy who just got fired until you get the hang of it.

Fake it till you make it is a good motto. Remember, they picked you because they see potential:salute:

I luh you nigas :mjcry:

But nonetheless, I already fostered a good relationship with our FPO while working for my boss so the transition has been sooth thus far.