My Boss Just Got Fired and I got the Position...ALL UNEXPECTED (9/23/15 UPDATE: Got Another Offer)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
There's so many responsibilities and tasks that are in critical phases that I am unaware of that I now have to deal with...I have a great working relationship with the people that now report to me and work with me so they will help...and they all understand that this is an impossible position I'm in but nonetheless this shyt is too much guys wtf I'm scared shytless.
Just reach out to your directs and let them know it's team work and you're just leading the ship

They know what's at stake for you as well

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
There's so many responsibilities and tasks that are in critical phases that I am unaware of that I now have to deal with...I have a great working relationship with the people that now report to me and work with me so they will help...and they all understand that this is an impossible position I'm in but nonetheless this shyt is too much guys wtf I'm scared shytless.
Be ready for a lot of bullshyt that comes with a promotion. Jealousy, mafukkas tryna take advantage of you, mafukkas who daring you to fire them, etc etc.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
*Insert Dame Dash smiley*

:laugh:
But nah bro, you'll be fine. Pressure is normal.
You'll rise to the occasion.
Best of luck and congrats.
:salute:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Pay raise?
FETTI FETTI FETTI FETTI
rain-png.5622

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
You gotta triumph in this moment of difficulty. It will make you great fam.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

:manny: you were already on the team, so you already know the problems from the bottom up.

:manny: the boss level shyt, don't let it overwhelm you. Just start with the smaller problems and work your way up. Knock 'em out quick, and always look for problems that are caused by problems.

:manny: get you some post it notes or something and schedule your tasks out.

:manny: believe it or not, take all them gangster movies and rap albums and documentaries you're digested and pretend like you got a crew that's moving product for you. Your bosses are the cartel, and they'll kill your ass like they did your predecessor if you fukk up too bad. Treat your people like royalty when they're doing good and they'll move more product. Don't be scared to kill (fire) them when they start fukking up. Even if you just tell them "good job" or whatever. Remember, the way that people prove to you that they need a job is by doing it.

:ufdup: don't have sex with your people.

:salute: and if you weren't great at the job, then you wouldn't have been promoted. So congrats.

:patrice: unless this is some Hudsucker Proxy type shyt, but we aint here for all that.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm serving at an interim capacity btw...and of course I got a massive pay raise but I'm more concerned about being capable for the job.

fukk I'm really shook with everything that needs to get done.

just breathe. it took me awhile to let my new title/promotion to sink in.
its the start of a new life, enjoy breh.
my advice, just suspend the rational thought and take in info. TAKE NOTES!
notebooks >>>>

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Same thing happened to me and I got some of the best advise from dude who got canned ( we're friends)

Fake it till you make it . I know it's a common saying but it worked for me. I was scared as hell and didn't know shyt, after pretending like I knew what was going on for a couple months I started to get it. Within the year I was good.

Speak well, be good to people and at least know 20 percent of your job and your good . You'd be surprised how fukking much the higher higher ups don't care about you. Most of the time I was fukkimg nervous as hell when I had meetings but I just sat there, said some bullshyt, deflected questions with questions, made a joke and they didn't even fukkimg care anyways