My Boss Just Got Fired and I got the Position...ALL UNEXPECTED (9/23/15 UPDATE: Got Another Offer)

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Congrats... There is a learning curve for you but make sure you don't have to learn the same thing twice...

Cleary communicate your expectations and needs

And don't be afraid to tell people that you need to gather more information before you make a decision, judgement, or provide an answer

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
This man didnt even say what the job was. :dahell:

What do you do, what industry are you in?

For all we know you could be a shift supervisor at Mcdonlads watching teenagers flip fries, or a Medical Director.

fukk you freaking out about? :dahell:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Get promoted and spend the rest of the work day talking about it on the Internet brehs

:troll:

I just got home...I've been getting debriefed for the past 4 hours

Just reach out to your directs and let them know it's team work and you're just leading the ship

They know what's at stake for you as well

I did, our subrecipient/sister company has been alerted but most importantly, I made it emphatically clear that getting rid of my boss is a mistake due to the critical phase we are in dealing with these grants. They still reinforced the idea that they will support me in consideration of all of the standing tasks and that they believe I am capable.

Be ready for a lot of bullshyt that comes with a promotion. Jealousy, mafukkas tryna take advantage of you, mafukkas who daring you to fire them, etc etc.

Ha...it was just my boss and I overseeing a sister company in addition to many other projects...but most of the people know I've been working my ass off for years now and that I was put into an impossible situation...if there's jealous people...they wont be able to do shyt since I'm already "popular"/vetted.

*Insert Dame Dash smiley*

:laugh:
But nah bro, you'll be fine. Pressure is normal.
You'll rise to the occasion.
Best of luck and congrats.
:salute:

Thanks...I'm gonna be working a lil later now

What's the job :patrice:

it deals with banking and grants...that's all I can say no :duck:

:whoo:

Pay raise?
FETTI FETTI FETTI FETTI
rain-png.5622

I got a 25K kick up breh...I'm acting like I didn't get anything because I'm only filling an interim position so I'm going to stack as much as possible while I have it word to @Sterling Archer

:banderas: good shyt breh

and yea if they thought you couldnt do it, they wouldnt have put you there :yeshrug: youll do alright

and even if not, they wont wana look like they made the wrong choice :heh:

Exactly what my fam has been saying :heh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
This man didnt even say what the job was. :dahell:

What do you do, what industry are you in?

For all we know you could be a shift supervisor at Mcdonlads watching teenagers flip fries, or a Medical Director.

fukk you freaking out about? :dahell:
there's people on this site that know what industry I work in..its Finance and I deal with federal grants...I can't say more.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
There's so many responsibilities and tasks that are in critical phases that I am unaware of that I now have to deal with...I have a great working relationship with the people that now report to me and work with me so they will help...and they all understand that this is an impossible position I'm in but nonetheless this shyt is too much guys wtf I'm scared shytless.
ynao8rF.png
But, can you pass that on to your son?