My Boss Just Got Fired and I got the Position...ALL UNEXPECTED (9/23/15 UPDATE: Got Another Offer)

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
This new position is in compliance? I would look into the particulars before I accept....

There may be some boundary stepping that has occurred and he is looking for you to either clean the mess up, take the fall for the wrong doing, or figure out a way to keep the illicit activity going...

Take a look into the internals of the company before you jump ship...

I hope all of their business dealings are legit and that it is just a "you are part of the boys club" hire....

I would investigate the particulars of the company... But Good luck :salute:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Congrats breh, why was your homegirl depressed?
Because I know her very well and she's been working at the company that I just got the offer for longer than I've held this position at my current place of employment....only has received a $10-15K kick/raise and is due to have her first child next month. She has on multiple occasions expressed her frustration with not being paid her worth so to hear me being offered a "competitive salary" (I DID NOT tell her what the number was) to come work there...(her boss offered me the job) and to hear how she was all quiet and aloof with congratulating me..I can tell that there's enough context to conclude that I should have kept my fukking mouth shut. :snoop:

I doubt she'd do some grimey shyt like tell people what I told her since I'm most likely taking the position; particularly since I'm on good terms with folks over there but still...I should have chilled the fukk out.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
This new position is in compliance? I would look into the particulars before I accept....

There may be some boundary stepping that has occurred and he is looking for you to either clean the mess up, take the fall for the wrong doing, or figure out a way to keep the illicit activity going...

Take a look into the internals of the company before you jump ship...

I hope all of their business dealings are legit and that it is just a "you are part of the boys club" hire....

I would investigate the particulars of the company... But Good luck :salute:
Yeah I asked him because my primary involvement with his company was related to Federal grants that are just about closed out. Plus I told him that I'm not a CPA. When I asked he said it is in fact compliance and working on receivables :krs: Which is EXACTLY what I was primarily doing with the Federal funds they were awarded :wow:.

I know the company very well as I have been working on the Federal and local compliance for them even before he came on board. See, his company is a subsidiary of the one I'm currently working for.

I did tell him that since my position requires that I get these grants closed out, we will have to deal with the particulars around me serving in my current capacity, dealing with a transition if needed for someone to fill in my role and even general HR regulations around whether or not the job has to be made open.

They are legitimate though...I'm not going to be blinded by the salary raise however.

Dude is DESPERATE to get me working there though. I don't want to sound naive but I've worked with him for about 2 years, (ever since he came on board) and he isn't the shiesty type.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
So....are you gonna take the new position ? :jbhmm:

You said it was your dream job :dwillhuh:
Well it isn't the absolute DREAM job but its damn near 90 that they're offering with no heap of overtime/after hours/holidays work required like this job I currently have and the one I'll be transitioning to next year has.

I'm most likely taking it but I have some grunt work to take care of in the meantime.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
Why can't you do the job and go to grad school at the same time?
and what do you plan on going to grad school for?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Why can't you do the job and go to grad school at the same time?
and what do you plan on going to grad school for?
The job is here in the Caribbean and I want to go to Howard...the CFO did mention the fact that they would pay for school if I go to the university here but I don't want to go there.

MPA

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Spoke with closest family and they basically said take the job.

I just need to sitdown with my current boss and give him a heads up...work around the particulars such as setting up a transition plan to folks here so they can take on my responsibilities...which isn't daunting especially since it will only be a few months of work.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
The job is here in the Caribbean and I want to go to Howard...the CFO did mention the fact that they would pay for school if I go to the university here but I don't want to go there.

MPA
Me too!:krs:
This was my plan before I was offered the position I'm set to start on Friday. Thing is you never know the kind of blessings you have waiting for you when an opportunity is being given to you. You can always go to school later. I say take the job.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Me too!:krs:
This was my plan before I was offered the position I'm set to start on Friday. Thing is you never know the kind of blessings you have waiting for you when an opportunity is being given to you. You can always go to school later. I say take the job.

I was thinking that too. Small world lol. I need to be proactive though..I have to start notifying everyone involved no later than COB Monday.