Monique tells lee daniels, tyler perry and oprah to suck her dikk

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I mean we just gunna have to agree to disagree.

It's not illegal by Hollywood standards and has been an ongoing practice for some time now.

She knew the rules already because she asked to be compensated after already doing some free press. If she had an issue with not being paid it should've been discussed prior to the first time she did it.

She didn't wanna play the rules and that's what happens.

Hollywood has no morals or loyality :yeshrug:

No this was Oscar press she complained about. To win Oscars the Academy makes you promote promote promote. No one knew thia film would get Oscar buzz when they made it. She definitely did promote the film. I remember her opening up about her experience with incestual abuse from her brother. If that aint promoting I dont k ow what is. She did not wish to do the Oscar rounds without being compensated. You have to remember she's a comedian. Press for them is extra work cause they have to actual be funny or risk fukking up their personal brands. She should got paid for that.

But yeah lets agree to disagree.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I agree with all the points you made in this thread. If you want to be a part of something, then you know what the deal is. Rules cannot be changed just for you! what makes you more special than all the other people that have followed the same rules for decades? She has NOBODY to blame but herself.

I don't understand this whole thing about wanting to be paid to do press/promo for a movie you're in or a movie you made.

It's a well known thing that press-runs are the worst part of the job but a thing you have to do.

They fly you and whoever you ask them to (family, agents etc.) where you're needed and when you're needed, but nobody gets paid for it. Absolutely nobody. I routinely hear actors in interviews and on podcasts talking about it being the worst part of the "job", but something they know they have to do.

I think it was a Keanu Reeves interview I was listening to, but he said something along the lines of 'They pay me real money to play make-believe, so if I have to sit in a room and get asked the same question over and over again by a bunch of reporters, it sucks but you take the good with the bad'

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rules cannot be changed are you fukking kidding me we live in a system made up on rules that actively get changed to fit certain agendas,roles,social climates, only the weak minded don't question shyt and keep going for bullshyt maybe that's why were in the position we in because to many nikkas scared to rock the boat.

Rules :gucci:

You consider the rules are putt in place by people that seek to maintain power, some rules can be for the benefit of the people but more often than not it's to get over on someone else. fukk the rules only follow them if it lines up with what you feel is acceptable if not try to change that shyt yeah it might come with backlash but what in life doesn't.

but why the fukk am I here I'm bout to go back to grilling it only takes one to start the process if nobody ever did shyt we'd likely make no progress at all.

AyahuascaSippin

Good Vibrations
Daps
But thats the point. My job wouldnt make that offer because that is illegal.
illegal? They didn't demand she does it? Most jobs wouldn't demand it either. They'd phrase it in a way that it would be a great advantage to you if you CHOSE to do it. And if you don't want to, then you can't get mad when they block your career progression and push the more willing/subservient colleague higher.

SUAJCS*93*

Banned
Daps
i would argue and say she lying

but living here in L.A. and speaking with a lot of black people trying to do acting, other blacks cut u down quicker than whites.. especially if they have some type of power

it's like the Chappelle show.. dave and others can say it was the jokes and the way white people took them... but it was the oprahs and other high profile uppity blacks who wanted dave to not continue

a lot of black people will still till this day won't believe your people will destroy you

I've been wanting to make a thread on this for a while but I know I will be labeled a c00n by the Coli.

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you're the producer and/or financer that dont make sense but like I already said, everybody different. Oscars came up with this silliness when the award actually meant something and desperate actors, even the A list, went along with it cause they would do anything for an Oscar. You see what happened when Black people FINALLY protested the show. Cant think anything is so much better than you that you deserve to be mistreated.

The name of the game is to remain famous as long as possible as an actor or actress. Promo tours are tv and radio appearances.

Why wouldn't you want to go on a promo run????

It's all about setting up your next steps.
That's why Kevin Hart is winning because he gets it.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
on DL hughley show, he said her and a few others that wasn't mentioned didn't like how dave was portraying black people on tv and think he should go a different route..

but DL was like oprah and these other black leaders keep wanting to bring up slave type movies to hollywood and since it's oprah and her connections she can basically have those movies produce as long as she put white hero's in it to show that white men was more involved in positive light and not too much in negative

Can you post a clip of the show? Dave said in various interviews that he left because of racism. He was being forced to include more whites into his shows to "appeal to the masses" and other incidents of racism.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Can you post a clip of the show? Dave said in various interviews that he left because of racism. He was being forced to include more whites into his shows to "appeal to the masses" and other incidents of racism.

it was on his radio show about a year ago... i don't know if he upload shyt on youtube or not

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
illegal? They didn't demand she does it? Most jobs wouldn't demand it either. They'd phrase it in a way that it would be a great advantage to you if you CHOSE to do it. And if you don't want to, then you can't get mad when they block your career progression and push the more willing/subservient colleague higher.

I was asked if MY job offered me to work without compensation... Yes that would be illegal. My job would never make that offer.

AyahuascaSippin

Good Vibrations
Daps
Rules cannot be changed are you fukking kidding me we live in a system made up on rules that actively get changed to fit certain agendas,roles,social climates, only the weak minded don't question shyt and keep going for bullshyt maybe that's why were in the position we in because to many nikkas scared to rock the boat.
you can rock the boat. Just better not to rock the boat of the 'rule maker' while being on their pay roll. That's just a stupid decision. I agree with your general position, but entering Hollywood to fight for fair treatment/compensation is like joining Walmart to fight for family run businesses

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
She was looking right until I saw her waving her arms :huhldup:

But I'm glad she is calling out those c00ns/fakkits
Bruh come on. She lost ton of weight. You not gonna go fat to moderate/slim and not have excess skin/flab elsewhere. Not how the human body works when you don't pay doctors to fix you all the way up.

AyahuascaSippin

Good Vibrations
Daps
I was asked if MY job offered me to work without compensation... Yes that would be illegal. My job would never make that offer.
Just because they haven't, doesn't mean they wouldn't. I've had co workers relocate to different cities with no extra incentive, just because their site wasn't operational. None of them wanted to. But they knew it would be in for a rough ride if they didn't.