Monique tells lee daniels, tyler perry and oprah to suck her dikk

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Hollywood is not like any other job though.

It ain't like if you fukk up a Big Mac at McDonald's once you cut off from working at Burger King, Carl's Jr and Wendy's.

It's a whole different ball game.

But it should be. Everybody aint A list. These laws exist for all. If you work, you get paid.

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
Kevin hart get paod when he uses his twitter to promote movies he is in

So technically she is right

Especially when you factor in how much your followership is worth. People sending messages crafted by paid for markerters to MILLIONS of followers and not getting paid....fukk that.

AyahuascaSippin

Good Vibrations
Daps
Man I'd be the first to stand up for my people.... But this girl turned down the opportunity to play the game that she chose to pursue. She threw in the towel and started acting like art is supposed to speak for itself. Yeah it is, BUT we all (you more than most) know the game ain't set up that way. If you're gonna bust your ass on the theatre circuit, comedy clubs, b list movies with shytty roles - at least see it through once you're in touching distance of oscar nominations.

Now she's just coming off as bitter. You made your decision, accept it with some class. Say what you want about Oprah, perry, Daniels et al. We all knew about them. What did you do to preserve your legacy though?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
on DL hughley show, he said her and a few others that wasn't mentioned didn't like how dave was portraying black people on tv and think he should go a different route..

but DL was like oprah and these other black leaders keep wanting to bring up slave type movies to hollywood and since it's oprah and her connections she can basically have those movies produce as long as she put white hero's in it to show that white men was more involved in positive light and not too much in negative

Uppity Blacks man.. They dont like the boat rocked, which is why they hated MLK. They like their static place underneath cac thumbs.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate to hear about Black ppl blackballing Black ppl. Fo they ever blackball 'others'?
They don't have that option.

Hell, these people can't even blackball other Black people, they just let their white daddies put that battery in their backs.

You can't "blackball" someone from something you don't actually own. :dame:

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
Bruh ain't nobody gotta pay me to promote a movie I'm starring in.
Give me air fair and hotel and I'll go wherever and make an appearance to promote ME.

Unless you're the producer and/or financer that dont make sense but like I already said, everybody different. Oscars came up with this silliness when the award actually meant something and desperate actors, even the A list, went along with it cause they would do anything for an Oscar. You see what happened when Black people FINALLY protested the show. Cant think anything is so much better than you that you deserve to be mistreated.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
sister like monique should be heated. look at all these potent black folks in hollywood and they don't know how to use their influence to elevate us to higer status. if tyler, oprah, and mr daniels don't understand it, they need to call fred williamson.

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
If your job offers to fly you across the world to work on their dime, but won't be compensated, yet you knew for a fact it would lead to a promotion, would you do it?

But thats the point. My job wouldnt make that offer because that is illegal. You have to be compensated for working in America. She played her role and well enough to get Oscar buzz. She also agreed to less pay. I dont know what more you can ask from a person in this situation. I can see if she was complaining about the pay cut. Never even heard about it until they blackballed her. She did what she signed to do.

I mean it aint like Tyler or Oprah got the Oscar buzz. She could argue she went waaaay above what she signed up to do.

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
They don't have that option.

Hell, these people can't even blackball other Black people, they just let their white daddies put that battery in their backs.

You can't "blackball" someone from something you don't actually own. :dame:

Oprah and Tyler do. You may be right about Lee. In his 1 response to this mess he alluded that the order came from above him.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
But thats the point. My job wouldnt make that offer because that is illegal. You have to be compensated for working in America. She played her role and well enough to get Oscar buzz. She also agreed to less pay. I dont know what more you can ask from a person in this situation. I can see if she was complaining about the pay cut. Never even heard about it until they blackballed her. She did what she signed to do.
I mean we just gunna have to agree to disagree.

It's not illegal by Hollywood standards and has been an ongoing practice for some time now.

She knew the rules already because she asked to be compensated after already doing some free press. If she had an issue with not being paid it should've been discussed prior to the first time she did it.

She didn't wanna play the rules and that's what happens.

Hollywood has no morals or loyality :yeshrug:

proudtobe

Pro
Daps
I mean we just gunna have to agree to disagree.

It's not illegal by Hollywood standards and has been an ongoing practice for some time now.

She knew the rules already because she asked to be compensated after already doing some free press. If she had an issue with not being paid it should've been discussed prior to the first time she did it.

She didn't wanna play the rules and that's what happens.

Hollywood has no morals or loyality :yeshrug:

I agree with all the points you made in this thread. If you want to be a part of something, then you know what the deal is. Rules cannot be changed just for you! what makes you more special than all the other people that have followed the same rules for decades? She has NOBODY to blame but herself.