missing chapter of Autobiography of Malcolm X addresses liberals and a Black voting blocc

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I think we're off to a good start with at least putting the Democrats on notice.
I agree somewhat

Ados is getting people rallied together while also making political apathy hot.

Malcolm said don't pull the trigger until you see the target... But he didn't say you should sit around and wait for the target to show up. That's not how you win wars . Need to Get out and hunt .

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Inb4 coli conservative c00ns and anti-integration failures try to chime in.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
How long before the Coli immigrants attack Malcolm X like they do ADOS

This is a clown comment for a few reasons
1. It is no secret to anybody, even those who have only seen the movie, that Malcolm Little was child of African American man (from Georgia) and a Caribbean mother (from Grenada)
2. The 10 points/goals of Malcolm's post NOI life are stated on the copy ofactual flyer posted earlier in the thread, and again here.

inside-flyer.png

outside-flyer.png

3.The push for politicians respecting the African American vote (or consequences) is hardly new. If you believe it began with the hashtag or even with Malcolm X you are mistaken.

And Robert L. Vann says Hi & Bye

4. During the purge/outing of non AAs, I was actually laughing wondering when the ones caught up in the hysteria were going to toss Malcolm X to the bushes.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
We probably wouldn't be having this conversation

He was one of our last greats who could've changed the trajectory of AADOS, Cacs had to get rid of him.
You really think one man could singlehandedly do that?

my issue with this kind of narrative is it shunts the boots on the ground organizing to the side. Malcolm, the Panthers and whoever else were out there in the streets engaging and interacting with people

That's key for any movement

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
4. During the purge/outing of non AAs, I was actually laughing wondering when the ones caught up in the hysteria were going to toss Malcolm X to the bushes.

Is this hyperbole?

the movement as I know it(and confirmed by the economist Sandy Darity, the guy who's at the forefront of all the number crunching) has never had any issue with people who are only half ADOS.

And while Malcolm was half Grenadan, his political and cultural thought was formulated in the context of his experiences as a Black man growing up and living in the US, not Grenada.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Is this hyperbole?

the movement as I know it(and confirmed by the economist Sandy Darity, the guy who's at the forefront of all the number crunching) has never had any issue with people who are only half ADOS.

And while Malcolm was half Grenadan, his political and cultural thought was formulated in the context of his experiences as a Black man growing up and living in the US, not Grenada.
Hyperbole? How? Those threads and comments were made here and are still up for people to see.
in spoiler
just one the threads during the "purge" phase

Tariq calls out roland martin aka gerald dessert. For always talking down to aados
and repeated by TN since then
. The exact way you described Malcolm's political and cultural thought being formulated in the US would seem to apply to a 3rd generation American like Roland Martin. Yet, he was casually dismissed (by some) BECAUSE of his heritage during the purge. Read the comments in the thread and how they came to screeching halt when we asked people whether they would apply the same criteria to cancel others.

Darity is a proponent of reparations by the United States govt. to the ancestors of the Black people enslaved in the US. His works and efforts predate the hashtag.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I beg to differ, for the very reason that certain posters(who I'm not going to name) engage in exactly the type of behavior @Don Mack is referring to. Most of them are wrapped in the proverbial DNC flag
Yes, there are posters who behave exactly as Don might have characterized them. I've called them and their behavior out multiple times on the board.

I thought it was odd and unintentionally ironic comment to make in a thread about Malcolm X, who was of partial non AA heritage and who openly embraced Pan Africanism . Two things that would seem to put him at odds with the modern day hashtag.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Hyperbole? How? Those threads and comments were made here and are still up for people to see.
in spoiler
just one the threads during the "purge" phase

Tariq calls out roland martin aka gerald dessert. For always talking down to aados
and repeated by TN since then
. The exact way you described Malcolm's political and cultural thought being formulated in the US would seem to apply to a 3rd generation American like Roland Martin. Yet, he was casually dismissed (by some) BECAUSE of his heritage during the purge. Read the comments in the thread and how they came to screeching halt when we asked people whether they would apply the same criteria to cancel others.

Darity is a proponent of reparations by the United States govt. to the ancestors of the Black people enslaved in the US. His works and efforts predate the hashtag.
breh, I KNOW Sandy Darity's work and efforts predate the hash tag. He's doing monumental work both as a scholar and speaking in the public sphere about reparations. I think, that you think, people are caught up in this three headed cult of personality with Tariq, Yvette, and Tone. and I'm only jumping to that conclusion because of previous statements in this particular thread where you stated that Blacks aren't as motivated without leaders. why are you so focused on the hash tag by the way? nobody in the official ADOS thread in the Root , private server chats, twitter, or anywhere else thinks that Tone and Yvette literally invented the concept of reparations for ADOS. we all know that it's been a thing for a long time, probably since right after slavery ended

as far as the whole Roland Martin thing I don't recall being in that thread or if I was not too much from it. I think people were coming to the conclusion that his anti ADOS stance might have been a result of him identifying more as Haitian than Black American :hubie:

you're a good poster, and I respect you, and I'm not trying to come at you sideways. I'm just trying to have a healthy dialogue :salute:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
MADE IN THE NOI!

Made by his Garvyite parents.

The nation just saved him when he was lost

Do other groups HAVE to have leaders? I think the answer is demonstrably no

What do you think Cesar Chavez was?

What do you think Trump is for most White people?:gucci:

I dont want the cracka library
I want my own that's the same quality or better :ld:

And where would people who've been slaves for 400 years and kept out of all facets of wealth & power get a library the same quality or better?

That was always the dumb part of the anti-integration argument from Black people.

There's no such thing as having equal quality things when White people have ALL of the money & power.