missing chapter of Autobiography of Malcolm X addresses liberals and a Black voting blocc

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I see one of your locations is MS, correct?

6442057_joe_jackson_jr_4.jpg

Tougalou Nine

Tougalou College students had to protest and get arrested before African Americans were able to enter PUBLIC LIBRARIES in Jackson,MS.

Not a lunch counter but a gotdamned library. American citizen, paying taxes and can't step foot into a public library or attend a public university?
fukk that and fukk SEGREGATION
I dont want the cracka library
I want my own that's the same quality or better :ld:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
White supremacist are a joke. People confuses themselves with the titles of “liberal” or “conservative” when Elijah Muhammad told us they all are the same devil.

:russ:

Typically when a black person starts this “liberals are the devil” nonsense its because they are trying to big up white conservative idealology. If you understand who the devil is no need to use all these additional titles.
You said all that to say nothing :wow:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Say what you want about the Marable book, but he highlighted how much Alex Haley edited and left out a bunch of things in the autobiography. I've heard a lot of funny style stuff surrounding Haley and his work.
There was a lot of duck in Marable's book,but some decent information in it also.

There was a line that makes sense, that I had never thought of before. In the Autobiography, Malcolm speaks of discovering and enjoying Hollywood films.I think it might have been when he first moved to Harlem, though it could have been when he moved to Boston. Going to theaters and binge watching them. He openly said "I liked the tough guys, like Humphrey Bogart.
In the Marable book, they mention where he might have gotten the title for the Ballot or Bullets speech that he used years later , and it makes sense.
lf

Bullets-or-Ballots_Header-678x381.jpg

9082568381e5492cd3a1ff8c3c30f0a5.png

Louise Beavers here playing a role similar to Madame St. Claire from the 1990s film, Hoodlum

I've read the Auto Biography , Marble's book calling B.S. on Haley, and Herb Boyd's book calling BS and slander on Marable's book.
If those full missing chapters of the auto bio are ever released, I'll have a complete picture of the story.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
REGISTER to vote, that way people doing research for the political parties understand that you voted one way or the other, or ABSTAINED.

This is the part never mentioned in modern day "issue or no vote" campaigns. If the voter registration numbers aren't high, and people don't vote...it will be written off as voter apathy.
High registration numbers WITH low voter turnout or swing to independent candidates will produce a greater effect and reaction.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Malcolm X was talking about tangibles or no vote way back then? He was killed and that movement was derailed, because tangibles are bad for us. And people are calling us crazy for wanting more from our political leaders.

This just strengthened the movement by a lot.

Last edited:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Looks like Malcolm said if you don't see a proper candidate then don't vote. Coli bruhs would call him a c00n and say he's disrespectful to the ancestors for that ideology.
Nah...

Malcolm would be about putting together the political capital to have our chosen politicians be viable candidates. Not just sitting on our hands while we wait for white liberals zaddy to provide us a candidate.

The ados movement's biggest flaw is we are waiting for the party to bend to our will instead of strong arming the wheel.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Nah...

Malcolm would be about putting together the political capital to have our chosen politicians be viable candidates. Not just sitting on our hands while we wait for white liberals zaddy to provide us a candidate.

The ados movement's biggest flaw is we are waiting for the party to bend to our will instead of strong arming the wheel.

I think we're off to a good start with at least putting the Democrats on notice.