missing chapter of Autobiography of Malcolm X addresses liberals and a Black voting blocc

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Now, about the actual topic of the thread. Free from the restraints of the NOI..Malcolm's new organization, the OAAU, was going to take a more practical approach to addressing race problems in America. He knew that the end of legalized segregation was inevitable, so he was trying to put African Americans in the best possible situation moving forward.
Also, many people who admired him before would not or could not follow the strict diet and lifestyle requirements of the NOI , so he would have had a MUCH larger following for his organization. Unfortunately his death took all of the air out of the OAAU, so I think there is truth to some of our people needing a charismatic leader to follow , or they won't act.
What does OAAU stand for?

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Say what you want about the Marable book, but he highlighted how much Alex Haley edited and left out a bunch of things in the autobiography. I've heard a lot of funny style stuff surrounding Haley and his work.
It's nowhere near as bad as Marables tho :hhh:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
can't remember off the topic I was hoping he'd see this thread and reveal himself

does the NOI have any successors in mind after Farakhan?
yes, Mustapha & Joshua Farrakhan and few sons..
The name Farrakhan is royalty ..

the real true lineage is from the Muhammad's!!!

Elijah's seeds.

Warith and Akbar were supposed to switch games/lanes and make the NOI into the supreme ISLAM OF THE GLOBE.
but shyt happened..malcolm x bounced and Clarence 13x had other ideas..

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What does OAAU stand for?
Organization of Afro-American Unity

outside-flyer.png

inside-flyer.png

Last edited:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Now, about the actual topic of the thread. Free from the restraints of the NOI..Malcolm's new organization, the OAAU, was going to take a more practical approach to addressing race problems in America. He knew that the end of legalized segregation was inevitable, so he was trying to put African Americans in the best possible situation moving forward.
Also, many people who admired him before would not or could not follow the strict diet and lifestyle requirements of the NOI , so he would have had a MUCH larger following for his organization. Unfortunately his death took all of the air out of the OAAU, so I think there is truth to some of our people needing a charismatic leader to follow , or they won't act.

I think waiting decades on end for a charismatic leader or messiah type has been really unproductive, if not counterproductive

No shade, but you're making it sound as if Black people have to be led by somebody otherwise we don't have the fortitude to act on our own collective intuition

Do other groups HAVE to have leaders? I think the answer is demonstrably no. And the problem with having too much invested in a leader is they can be compromised and/or neutralized

Other groups in this country have their lil ethnic enclaves and look out for each other just fine without them needing charismatic leaders

I feel line the more decentralized leadership is, the better in a lot of cases :manny:

You can kill leaders, but not ideas

Last edited:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
1. Who killed him? The NOI. His own people...not some white liberal Democrats
2. Elijah's hyprocrisy - claiming to be all "honorable" yet he's fukking and impregnating every assistant in sight. And of course, putting the hit out on Malcolm.
I don't understand what your first bullet point has to do with your initial statement

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Liberals are a joke

White supremacist are a joke. People confuses themselves with the titles of “liberal” or “conservative” when Elijah Muhammad told us they all are the same devil.

:russ:

Typically when a black person starts this “liberals are the devil” nonsense its because they are trying to big up white conservative idealology. If you understand who the devil is no need to use all these additional titles.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think waiting decades on end for a charismatic leader or messiah type has been really unproductive, if not counterproductive

No shade, but you're making it sound as if Black people have to be led by somebody otherwise we don't have the fortitude to act on our own collective intuition

Do other groups HAVE to have leaders? I think the answer is demonstrably no. And the problem with having too much invested in a leader is they can be compromised and/or neutralized

Other groups in this country have their oil ethnic enclaves and look out for each other just fine without them needing charismatic leaders

I feel line the more decentralized leadership is, the better in a lot of cases :manny:

You can kill leaders, but not ideas
There is some great information in the article but I disagree with some of the points the author is stating. The significance & influence that religious leaders have in our communities points to the fact that we are/were raised and socialized to look for and follow the direction of leaders. We follow that pattern when it comes to social / political movements That's why so many of our leaders historically have come from the clergy....(or spiritual leaders from native belief systems).

It SHOULD be about movements with no defined leader or front person, but those types of movements are the rare exception for our people.