Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I live in the city. I dont know much about the south suburb but my sister in law lives in Dolton. Can you do a home owner exemption to lower the taxes or have you?

Why do you think I would know that? :mjlol:

Nah. Most folks are renting. To be honest with you. I haven't encountered an owner in a minute. Its waaaaay too many foreclosures out here. I'm not sure how much you can eat with these nonsense property taxes:manny:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What's it like out there? :jbhmm:

Beautiful city, harsher winters than Chicago, little to no black middle class. Lots of black people working low wage service jobs.

South side nice, North side is where a lot of the black people from Chicago, Gary, etc live at. The higher crime area.

Overall, 6-7/10

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Beautiful city, harsher winters than Chicago, little to no black middle class. Lots of black people working low wage service jobs.

South side nice, North side is where a lot of the black people from Chicago, Gary, etc live at. The higher crime area.

Overall, 6-7/10

Seems very hard to win here. I love it born at cook county hospital and lived out west till I was 14. In Dolton now. Rough city

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Why do you think I would know that? :mjlol:

Nah. Most folks are renting. To be honest with you. I haven't encountered an owner in a minute. Its waaaaay too many foreclosures out here. I'm not sure how much you can eat with these nonsense property taxes:manny:

Do you pay property taxes out there or you were just making a statement? I cant tell by your first comment but if you didn't know now you do, gone online and apply for it. I was looking at a single family home in Dolton on redfin that was emailed to me. Taxes didnt seem bad but the city is where you get the higher rents and if you can get something in by the united center, humboldt park, close to hyde park..you can get great rents. The state finance agency IHDA helps with loans and down payments. Let me know if you want some info.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Do you pay property taxes out there or you were just making a statement? I cant tell by your first comment but if you didn't know now you do, gone online and apply for it. I was looking at a single family home in Dolton on redfin that was emailed to me. Taxes didnt seem bad but the city is where you get the higher rents and if you can get something in by the united center, humboldt park, close to hyde park..you can get great rents. The state finance agency IHDA helps with loans and down payments. Let me know if you want some info.

shyt be 1000 to 1500

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
it's all about your income-level and who you know out here.. (just like most places)

Chicago can be amazing if you're in the know and not broke...

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
The midwest in general. Michigan too.
It's my home, and I like living in GR, but these winters,gloomy ass sunless days, and fukked up roads are getting on my nerves. Plus a lot of folks here are fukking stupid and have that blue collar mentality. Low key the Big Three fukked this state up. We got two major universities within an hour of each other, the directional universities, plus all these JUCOS, yet folks think they're hot shyt cuz they're working at some sorry ass factory or supplier for the auto companies making $15/hr :hhh:. This state should be a whole lot more :snoop: