Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I love Chicago. We have it all! Only downside is the weather. Of course crime is an issue but I can honestly say Im so removed from it that it doesnt affect my day to day. Like I hear/read about it but I seldom see it if that makes sense.

Ive lived places where I was right up in it like NO. You can escape violent crime in Chicago for the most part, unlike other cities where even the safe parts arent safe.

We gotta do something about this weather tho. I was legit in a lightweight overcoat two weeks ago lol.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
The North Side is teaming with Big 10 white millennials. That’s really all I see.
Facts. They're so cookie-cutter and soul-less. I wanna leave too

big10_logo.gif

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It seems the main reason that is stated is cost of living, but any place worth living ain't gonna be cheap. :yeshrug: It's basically move to where the jobs/people/vibrancy is but cost of living is high, or move to a cheaper but crappier area with less jobs.

Chicago is actually really cheap. This means the wealth gap is starting to be too wide. The kids don't know that it's like that everywhere. They're fukked.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Miserable summers
Terrible winters:scust:

shyt I be :damn: when it goes down to like 14degrees here in Jersey...fukk that -10degrees shyt with wind.

invalid

Banned
Daps
And as a result rent has been increasing in Atlanta for a while now. Once corporations enter a city pricing usually goes up.

Has the rent gone up because of industry or because across the nation, the demand for city living has increased across the board, but because Atlanta proper is so small, that there are only so many available units?

Nashville isn’t a FIRE city but the growth in rent has outpaced every major city including San Fran because the demand to get into Nashville, which has become quite trendy, has outpaced what they have available. They have over 2 year waitlist. My siblings and I own property near Meharry and Fisk and it’s quite unbelievable how fast property values around the city have appreciated over the past 5 years.