Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Did they really tho? Could you really make such a claim, if your ancestors were brought over as an enslaved people to perform field work where the White man tells you what to do, how to do it, and when to do it?

Is it so, if the forced unskilled labour was utilized under a not-so fruitful economic system derived/established by non-Blacks and the country’s architects/movers & shakers are overwhelmingly WASP?

Don’t get me wrong, non-Whites such as Blacks, Chinese (railroads), Amerindians, etc., have contributed in various ways to the development of the USA. It’s just that it was brought about by White impetus and overseen by White supervision.

Non-White industriousness is also somewhat minuscule when compared to the production of European immigrants such as the Irish and the Germans.

Participated in the progression of America to an extent, yes, but “built this nation” is a stretch as a lot of the nation building took place while most African-Americans were confined to the economically dysfunctional South as cotton-pickers.

You sound dumb af. In fact, you are dumb af.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Has the rent gone up because of industry or because across the nation, the demand for city living has increased across the board, but because Atlanta proper is so small, that there are only so many available units?

Nashville isn’t a FIRE city but the growth in rent has outpaced every major city including San Fran because the demand to get into Nashville, which has become quite trendy, has outpaced what they have available. They have over 2 year waitlist. My siblings and I own property near Meharry and Fisk and it’s quite unbelievable how fast property values around the city have appreciated over the past 5 years.

You can say both.

Lots of corporations are spreading out to other locations such as Amazon opening up its second headquarters in Virginia. Virginia has already seen growth in cost.

Median home price in Arlington jumps more than $100K since Amazon HQ2 news: report

By 2050 it’s reported that 68% of people will be living in urban environments. This is not only true for America but also for most countries in the world including Africa.

Daps
Hell nah:gucci:

It's already 97 and humid down in Texas...and the heat down there won't let up until September :bryan:

I love DFW, but yeah once it gets hot...it stays hot. June and July are cool because of the broads in summer dresses/short skirts plus the chance to get some vitamin D from the sun. Early summer is hot but it's still EARLY.

August is straight boo-boo

September is :scust:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
After 2yrs in California, i'm moving back next yr..
Its Chicago or nothing for me:manny:
I can't adopt to the California Culture.
I be bored & outta place
Not to mention, my money looking funny out here
I'm hood ballin in Chicago(Up to date whip, my own crib with plenty of fukk off money)
In Cali:mjcry:I'm living with my sister & her boyfriend in a 3brd apartment :damn:..
The best thing I learned out here is the Weed trade..
Illinois just passed too:blessed::mjgrin:I'm bout to feast..

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The cost of living gripes in the video though :mjlol:

shyts deceiving. Many of these kats just moving to the suburbs because the housing costs are so high.

I grew up in the city and almsot every kat I grew up with who still lives in the chicago land area now lives in the chicago suburbs.

invalid

Banned
Daps
shyts deceiving. Many of these kats just moving to the suburbs because the housing costs are so high.

I grew up in the city and almsot every kat I grew up with who still lives in the chicago land area now lives in the chicago suburbs.

It really balances out though. What you not paying in housing cost in the burbs, you’ll be making up in taxes. Chicago is high housing cost, low taxes. Suburbs could have more affordable options but higher taxes.

invalid

Banned
Daps
You can say both.

Lots of corporations are spreading out to other locations such as Amazon opening up its second headquarters in Virginia. Virginia has already seen growth in cost.

Median home price in Arlington jumps more than $100K since Amazon HQ2 news: report

By 2050 it’s reported that 68% of people will be living in urban environments. This is not only true for America but also for most countries in the world including Africa.

What corporations in Atlanta causing a significant movement in property values? Coca Cola? Besides Delta, Home Depot, and UPS everything else are noname companies most have not even heard of.

I can see if a major IB or Tech Company moves in infusing the area with a high tax base but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I could be wrong though.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
What corporations in Atlanta causing a significant movement in property values? Coca Cola? Besides Delta, Home Depot, and UPS everything else are noname companies most have not even heard of.

I can see if a major IB or Tech Company moves in infusing the area with a high tax base but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I could be wrong though.

I’ll be honest I never studied the corporations moving down there but I know it’s an emerging city so there has to be some improvement in sectors there.

They also have a lot of film roles for actors.

Looks like I’m going to have to take a trip to the Atlanta forum on city data

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
Yup I've got family in Brooklyn no doubt.

I'm working Cybersecurity with the attention to switch over to DevOps and I've had recruiters contacting for roles that pay up to $150k/yr in NYC, and there are positions roles getting paid almost double that :deadmanny:.

I figured for now I'll just wait it out here and keep filling my bag. Then see how I wanna move.
Damn 150k... how’d you get into that field?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
shyt i came back in 14 after chiropractic school, in October of 17 I moved to Nola, best decision i made, cost of living cheaper, good food good women, it get hotter than a fat man in a phone booth. Everything just kept getting more expensive and unnecessary, parking, traffic cameras, taxes, colder weather, more violence, car registration, fukk all that, you nikkas can have that I’m so glad to be gone, and moms talking about moving to Florida too so I’m good

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I'm going to be moving back to Chicago soon

Texas is cool, but I miss the Windy City

Really you miss it, i mean there were great things about the city, but shyt, i get more bang for my buck out here, and i know you do out there in Texas, and you want to go back to them harsh winters

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Job market.

Relocating to California, government employment.
I looked at Chicago as an option when I met my girlfriend aka current wife.

Not hardly any IT jobs.
Very whiteist hiring practices
Not welcoming to educated races of people non white
Stronger good ole boy system than any other big city I see
Felt like the sticks for Black folks. Just very depressing

I stayed in overpriced DC. I wanted to go back to Atlanta but Houston wanted a nikka