Millennials leaving Chicago in droves

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I advise black folks stopped running and start doing better in the city u in and make better decisions..

Many black folks rather in nyc, la or Chicago or anywhere up north run down south and still be living like shyt...

I’m not saying if u have a opportunity to move to another city and u have the job line up then by all means do it.....but if u broke in Cincinnati and u run down to Atlanta without nothing lined up, then u just broke in Atlanta
This sounds smart but it's not. Cities have nikka caps. Only so many nikkas can and will get work. Only so many are hiring and not everyone is in any position of entrepreneurship.

As someone who was broke in Atlanta to move to DC and be broke there. I made a tremendous decision. I got career opportunities in DC that helped me eventually secure a decent living wage which I would have never gotten in GA for the type of work I was doing which was heavily capped in GA.

I would give the same advice to anyone Black I know to do the same thing if their cities is :flabbynsick: for black folks in what career they do.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
This sounds smart but it's not. Cities have nikka caps. Only so many nikkas can and will get work. Only so many are hiring and not everyone is in any position of entrepreneurship.

As someone who was broke in Atlanta to move to DC and be broke there. I made a tremendous decision. I got career opportunities in DC that helped me eventually secure a decent living wage which I would have never gotten in GA for the type of work I was doing which was heavily capped in GA.

I would give the same advice to anyone Black I know to do the same thing if their cities is :flabbynsick: for black folks in what career they do.

Yea the borough planner for Brooklyn is from Atlanta. Awkwardly he’s doing better here than down there and he lives in a very well known upscale area

:jbhmm:

I think I know what the problem is. Some of our people can be sheep’s but in reality we need to learn how to research and fix our problems.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It is. Chicago felt like a breath of fresh air in terms of cost from DC but its not no Houston. Then again, Chicago is a superior city to Houston and its not even close

Chicago superior to Houston? idk about that, but I've never been to Houston. I feel like Houston got better COL, better women, more jobs, beaches, etc

Chicago is like the Carmelo Anthony of cities:mjlol: When it comes to top places to live, it's always LA, Miami, ATL, Houston, and the DMV

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Chicago superior to Houston? idk about that, but I've never been to Houston. I feel like Houston got better COL, better women, more jobs, beaches, etc

Chicago is like the Carmelo Anthony of cities:mjlol: When it comes to top places to live, it's always LA, Miami, ATL, Houston, and the DMV
My experience in Chicago comes from being around Comansky or on Michigan Ave. Hoods everywhere in America suck ass. Cicero sucked but hoods everywhere suck ass. I been all over Houston, it ain't on that level. Chicago is such a beautiful city. I hate white supremacists have to ruin it.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

I never hear people speak about beaches in Houston. Meanwhile Chicago is known for their beaches that line up the cities coastline along Lake Michigan.

Also if you are a foodie obviously Chicago wins that battle.

My only true question is which city has more of a young professional black population?

:ohhh:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Bump.......mainly because during the past year or so, Houston has been the go-to place, or at least talked about the most. Mostly women.

I know people who have already relocated, and as others stated, their financial situation is no better than what it was before. Uprooting without a real plan.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I never hear people speak about beaches in Houston. Meanwhile Chicago is known for their beaches that line up the cities coastline along Lake Michigan.

Also if you are a foodie obviously Chicago wins that battle.

My only true question is which city has more of a young professional black population?

:ohhh:

chicago has the largest black population outside of NYC. I can't speak on the young professional part tho.