Microsoft releasing “discless” Xbox free and disc to digital in 2019

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
nikka, it's been so long since I've used game discs that my joke is completely relevant to what I remember in a time so long ago.

And to keep it 100, when I get those backward compatible shyts and I need to find the disc... I'm that adult 12 year old. So fukk it...digital 10 out of 10.:skip:

Revy out here with the professional adult trapper keeper to organize his gaming discs.

My nikka!:salute::heh:

:pachaha:

Yea digital is the wave, yall physical dudes can stay in denial all yall want but that's where console gaming is headed.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Comcast thinking of all the data cap overage charges thanks to Microsoft:
giphy.gif
Maybe xbox will partner with Comcast for no data caps to their services. :sas2:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Find a better solution. No caps on my end at home OR mobile.
:gucci:

This best internet in my area has data caps, ironically the only time I ever hit the cap was redownloading my digital games with pro patches when I got the pro.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Think Comcast will pass up free money brehs. They will be pushing more expensive internet plans advertised as "for gamers" :camby:
Who said anything about free?

But the reality is there are 30 million gamers who play Xbox and its a market that decides their service provider based on internet speed, latency, reliability and the ability to play/stream without incurring huge fees.

We already have this going on with a variety of streaming services and cell phones companies.

I swear all y'all nikkas must work in a warehouse or some shyt with these bad hot takes. :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I have all the answers, and before I begin. Storage will be moved to the cloud so like my nikka Courtdogstradamus said back on Sohh.... Xbox live will evolve into a Seganet type service. Games will stream to us eliminating the need to have large downloads :francis: but if you want a better than stream quality gaming then you'll have to download but I said too much already :mj:
Microsoft's Building a Disc-Less Xbox One for Release in 2019 - Thurrott.com

As a person that’s been discless most of this gen, I look forward to the disc swap program.

Microsoft ushering in the future of gaming :banderas:
My disc drive stopped reading game disc about 7months ago so I'm rocking a diskless Xbox right now :wow:
Next gen will be disc-less confirmed. :snoop:
It's been confirmed since last gen, you're hilarious bruh. You guys don't dictate evolution, you just delay it :ufdup:
I been disc less this gen :krs:
I look forward to them 100 GB game downloads
Our speeds are about to jump in a way that is comparable to the jump between dial-up and broadband. Most people have no idea this massive leap comes with 5G. Home internet will be ahead of mobile so just wait for it :manny:
This is actually a very good idea for next gen. Release a cheaper discless console and a more expensive disc version. :ohhh:
The disc drives don't cost that much either way whoodi
interesting. they're probably gonna use this to test the waters and see how people react to a disc-less console
They know how much they sell digitally. Last gen Sony beat Microsoft to implementing digital downloads and Sony gamers was like :gladbron: but now it's the devil. There is no test, the results are things like Gamepass/etc. No disc necessary, and soon no console. Only reason for a console is to make money off it. Not because it's needed na mean...
Also i will never fukk with Digital Games unless they are PC or less than $20

too many stories like this out there. PS and Microsoft don't have the customer service of Steam to guarantee me my games.

I lost my Xbox Live account with all of my digital downloads on it about four months ago. It was a perfect storm of 5-year-old button smashing and an identity theft issue that caused me to change my phone number in less than an hour. I didn’t even know my account was locked when I changed my phone number. Without my old phone number, I can’t reset my password. According to my carrier, my phone number was given to a GPS device that doesn’t receive calls or texts. I’ve spent hours upon hours on the phone with Microsoft and Xbox, and they won’t help me. I now have 83 digital games that cannot be played. I’ve lost about $4,000 and five years of game progress because of an accident. Xbox Support’s solution is to try three passwords every day until I guess the right one. Ridiculous. I wonder how many other people this has happened to.
Blame Microsoft for not knowing your info brehs :francis:
Digital sales on console are trash.
:dahell:
I definitely don't see next-gen being disc-less only, but Sony/Microsoft having a cheaper option for those who don't want a disc.

Internet is still too bad in some areas, and there are gamers who want options, collecting, trading, etc.

I have a mixture of digital/physical, typically only buying digital when PSN has a really good sale or for smaller indie titles. Whenever the major publishers decide to offer digital new at a lower price than physical though :whew:
Oh yeah, where :popcorn:
As long as the price of physical and digital games are the same, I'm buying the disc :stopitslime:
Digital games are sold at Half-price usually. Within 30 days
Wasn't it a week ago when microsoft had a issue where digital games wouldn't play offline nor disc games cuz something went down

Can't play any digital games? - Xbox One Message Board for Xbox One - GameFAQs

Something bout their authentication servers went off caused it
This entire gen It's been that way, nobody notices, nobody cares. It'll work that way Right now if you turn off your internet connection for 24hrs (Tru Story)

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Who said anything about free?

But the reality is there are 30 million gamers who play Xbox and its a market that decides their service provider based on internet speed, latency, reliability and the ability to play/stream without incurring huge fees.

We already have this going on with a variety of streaming services and cell phones companies.

I swear all y'all nikkas must work in a warehouse or some shyt with these bad hot takes. :mjlol:

Data Cap overages make money for Comcast and help push people towards higher internet plans.

These games aren't getting smaller and to stream them would require a strong connection, no way Microsoft offsets this with no data caps.

I don't see how I had a bad hot take

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Data Cap overages make money for Comcast and help push people towards higher internet plans.

These games aren't getting smaller and to stream them would require a strong connection, no way Microsoft offsets this with no data caps.

I don't see how I had a bad hot take
We're talking about an era where companies pay for timed exclusives to increase their users.

Data caps are hindrance to their product just like a small library.

From the bigger picture, Microsoft could gain value and providers could gaib users by adjusting how they rate data from Microsoft Azure.

These are the types of things people warn about with net neutrality and with game streaming coming its inevitable.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I won't jump on the digital wave until my hand is forced.

Two reasons. Digital prices are more expensive than physical. I can buy Spider-Man for £30 in physical form. Sony is trying to charge me £49.99 for the game.

My second concern is losing access to shyt that I have paid for. It's coming. Listen to me now, believe me later on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I won't jump on the digital wave until my hand is forced.

Two reasons. Digital prices are more expensive than physical. I can buy Spider-Man for £30 in physical form. Sony is trying to charge me £49.99 for the game.

My second concern is losing access to shyt that I have paid for. It's coming. Listen to me now, believe me later on.
Your first concern will be alleviated once more people convert to digital. Larger, more profitable market=lower prices.

Your second concern is impossible. Once you download the game digitally, you will be able to play it forever. License issues don’t suddenly make your games unplayable.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I lost my Xbox Live account with all of my digital downloads on it about four months ago. It was a perfect storm of 5-year-old button smashing and an identity theft issue that caused me to change my phone number in less than an hour. I didn’t even know my account was locked when I changed my phone number. Without my old phone number, I can’t reset my password

Microsoft doesn't offer two step verification? You receive back up codes to access your account primarily for a disaster like this.